7 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 7:58 AM by digitaldave2012 RSS

Need help getting Tablet Apps that come with Creative Cloud

digitaldave2012

I have an X10 Airpad 10.1 running Droid 2.3.4 Gingerbread.  It does not support the Google marketplace so I have to get my apps through the Amazon marketplace.  Also the Adobe system see my tablet as an Apple iPad which is incorrect. Is there a download portal to get the apps from?

• 1. Re: Need help getting Tablet Apps that come with Creative Cloud
          Ken G. Rice Employee Hosts

You need to get the Android apps from the Google Play Store. They are not available from the Amazon Appstore for Android.

What indication are you receiving that Adobe sees your tablet as an iPad?

• 2. Re: Need help getting Tablet Apps that come with Creative Cloud
            digitaldave2012 Community Member

It is unfortunate that the Tablet Apps are not included with the Creative Cloud.  I have to say in most of the web pages, videos and other info it really looked like Adobe was bundling them with the Creative Cloud subscription not the least of which is the main Creative Cloud product promo page where it is listed under the applications sidebar as well as listed in the main headline.

The world's best tools Get any CS6 tool or Adobe Touch App†, plus two new HTML5 apps, and create anything you can imagine.

Sandwiching something you don't get with the subscription between two things you do get is very deceiving disclaimer or not.  I know, buyer beware.  I wanted to try the Creative Cloud subscription because it is probably going to be the only option soon but right now it is hard to justify.  I can upgrade my Master Suite for less and I can still buy the Tablet Apps for full price.  The indications that my tablet is being incorrectly identified as an ipad are that when I navigate to the Touch Apps site with my Airpad the only options I see are iPad and Learn More.  Apps like Kuler and Debut say "not available for your device" or something like that I'm not in front of it right now.  If I have to download from the Google Play Store I guess I am SOL cause it is a no-go on my tablet.  Surprising they are not available directly from Adobe.

• 3. Re: Need help getting Tablet Apps that come with Creative Cloud
              jbregar Community Member

If you buy the touch apps (they're $9.99 each) and sign into Creative Cloud from three of them, you get one month of Creative Cloud free.

So, for those of you not on EDU, those touch apps are indeed free, just after the "rebate" of skipping a month of CC fee.

5 touch apps at $9.99 each = $49.95

1 month of free Creative Cloud = $49.99

So, actually the touch apps cost you -$0.04 (that's negative 4 cents).

If you don't have the need for all five and just buy three (you still qualify for the free month) then they cost you negative $20.

They're probably doing it this way mostly because of Apple's App Store policies. Apple makes it VERY difficult to sell apps for their devices outside of their App Store.

• 4. Re: Need help getting Tablet Apps that come with Creative Cloud

I see the rebate for a free month but that is of little use because I am probably going to drop the subscription before the first month to get my money back.  There is little incentive to stay with the Cloud right now and for folks who are upgrading to the Cloud from Production Premium the extra cost for the subscription is even harder to justify.  Value added items like the Cloud Storage, 2 new HTML programs and the (not included) Touch Apps are probably the only reason some people are considering it.  I was also hoping for an alternative delivery system for the Touch Apps because the Google Play store will not work for my device.  I am still evaluating the product so I will not pass judgement yet but I won't be able to test drive the full package because of this issue with the tablet apps.  I don't think that my confusion over this issue is isolated.  Adobe mentions the Touch Apps in much of their promo material in such a way that the potential customer would believe the tablet apps come with the subscription.  I am still excited about CS6 but Creative Cloud may not be ready for heavy lifting for many reasons.

• 5. Re: Need help getting Tablet Apps that come with Creative Cloud

I don't know about everyone else but the "more" button at the bottom of this forum is missing so there is no way to see the older threads.

• 6. Re: Need help getting Tablet Apps that come with Creative Cloud
                    jbregar Community Member

I fail to see how giving you the Touch apps free after rebate isn't including them with the subscription. In fact, it's BETTER than including them in the subscription because if you kill off your subscription after the year's up you get to keep the Touch apps.

It's kind of hard to grok why this is such a big issue. Buy apps for $30, skip the next $50 payment on the Creative Cloud. Seems like a good deal to me.

I'm completely unfamiliar with Android tablets, but it surprises me that there are Android tablets out there that can't get to Google's app store.

• 7. Re: Need help getting Tablet Apps that come with Creative Cloud

Actually since I am an qualified customer my subscription is $29.99/mo. So if I purchase all 6 Touch Apps that appeared to come with the subscription for $60.00 I am out $30.00 overall because the free month is only worth $30.00 to me.  My arguement is over the way Adobe portrayed the Creative Cloud product in their advertising and videos.  I feel it was not completely honest and I think it will be borne out on this forum that others feel this way as well.  I am a long-term Adobe customer but I am also a Final Cut Pro expatriot so business practices are very important to me as I make the move away from the Apple Pro apps.  All factors are being evaluated as I make the transition for myself and recommendations for my facility clients.