6 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 8:50 AM by the_wine_snob RSS

About export settings

Hi guys,

This is my first post here, so apologizes if my question was already answered. I haven't though found it in the forums.

I have a problem when exporting my videos. I have tried many formats and read some answers about this in the forums, but none seem to solve it. I record my videos in 1280 x 720 HD MP4. That's what they look like straight out of the camera:

And this is the same video in Adobe Premiere Pro (part of the editing consisted in turning the video upside down).You can see that Premiere Pro fits the video between to black stripes. Why?

However, after exporting them, this is what they look like. Looks like it realizes that the format will not fit YouTube and it re-fits it into a frame:

And this is the final product, uploaded to Youtube:

As you see, quality is very poor compared to the original video, and there is a thick black frame I'd like to get rid of. I think I must be using the wrong format, but I don't know what should be the right one. May the problem be with the camera settings? I guess not, as without any editing, it fits perfectly into YouTube format.

Thanks in advance!