Since you didn't really say which method you're using to get FM content into RH (importing or linking) it's a bit hard to diagnose what's going on. I make sure that my Glossary .fm file is placed in my FM ToC in the desired place before importing. With it in the ToC, it comes over in the correct place in RH. I tell the RH Conversion Settings that I want to use the FM ToC and IX, and say no to the Glossary import.
Thank you for the reply Jeff.
We neither link nor import. We set up an empty project in RoboHelp with all of the properties we want, then publish WebHelp directly out of FrameMaker. [In RoboHelp, we set up File > Project Settings, and also WebHelp (Primary Layout) > Properties.]
Our glossary is a two-column glossary, but the "Glossary" Heading 1 is in its own text frame that spans the distance of both columns.
We are trying different approaches to the text frame.
Here is what we did that worked for us.
We got rid of the text frame on the first page of the glossary.
We put the Heading 1 text "Glossary" into the two-column content area of the glossary entries.
We used the "Pagination" tool of the Paragraph Designer, and selected "Across All Columns" for the Heading 1 paragraph style.
Glad you figured it out in your case - without seeing some screenshots I'm not sure what you describe makes any difference to the positioning of a topic in a RH ToC though. The "publish" route you're using doesn't afford you as much control as the more usual route of linking or importing since all the details are hidden "behind the scenes." I think I remember hearing that it is doing an import when you publish, but it erases the resulting project since it's only a temp stage in the production of the final output.