• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reference to the quiz results variables?

May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 4 has the test results slide feature.  The information produced by this page is the same information I want to use on a Certificate.  How do I find the variable names or references to get the {percent}, {total-attempts} and {score}?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't fire CP4 up, but normally those are the quiz system variables you'll need:

cpInfoPercentage

cpQuizInfoAttempts

cpQuizInfoPointsscored

Now I seem to remember that possibly cpInfoPercentage is not there. Can you let me know if it isn't, than you'l have to create a small advanced actions to calculate it.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, those system variables are there.  However, the cpInfoPercentage variable will continue to add percentages to a project and can have a certificate using v_score with 250% passing if you take the test the second time.  In other words, pre-test and post-test add together but the results slide {percent} and other cells take the last taken test whether it is the first or 5th time.  Different from the cpInfoPercentage variable.  I guess I can make a certificate from the results report slide and have the user print that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remembered something was wrong with that  variable because I was used to calculate it by advanced actions in CP4. You can do as well if you like to.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you happen to have that example available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't use CP4 since two years; sorry. In CP5.5 it would be like this:

Expression v_perc = cpQuizInfoPointsscored / cpQuizInfoTotalQuizPoints

Expression v_perc = v_perc * 100     

But in CP4 I think you do not need to use 'Expression', just enter the mathematical things

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Lilyybiri for your help.

I have figured out a simpler solution.  I have taken the Results slide and modified it to be the Certificate.  Then placed the result percentage into the Certificate for the score and used the passed / failed review area to show the accomplishment.  Structured the remainder to look like the Certificate widget with the v_Name, course, and date.

Now all I need to figure out is how to print the screen without the Continue button and printer icon visible in the output certificate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources