Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash will not install

May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep downloading Adobe Flash player on my Win7 Pro IE9 system and it tells me Download Successful, but it has not installed, I have the Adobe shockwave Enabled in the "Manage Add-ons" and no check in Active X filtering, and my Comodo firewall is set to "Training mode" why does it not install? any ideas most welcome, regards Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Click on Your Stuff | Preferences | tab Email Notification Preferences.

Regarding your problem, try a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say I'm having the same problem with Flashplayer. Using win7, 64bit, fplayer11+ on IE9. Download page says install successful but no webpage recognises that it's installed. Anti-virus, Defender and anti-malware all say my PC is clean. Have enabled/prompted activeX, scripts etc. Have un/installed, used restore points etc. Nothing works. Can Adobe advise please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

athniel, please try the steps listed in this FAQ

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

The question was mine and ony hijacked by athniel

As you see I have active "X filtering" disabled and  > "Adobe Shockwave" enabled on my Win7 32bit system, have you any more ideas?

PS, since I posted I have had about 50 emails about Adobe problems come to my PC which are not relevant to my problem, how do I stop them and select just the ones which I post in? regards Robert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Your Stuff | Preferences | tab Email Notification Preferences.

Regarding your problem, try a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. if your problem persists, can you post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat, many thanks for your help.

I  could not find any thing referring to macromedia/flash in the system32 files, so I clicked on the link that you sent "Adobe uninstaller for 32 bit systems" and it preceded to do a complete uninstall, and then after a new install the program shows in my programs list as "Firmware Flash Utility" I next tried viewing a Utube video and it now works ok, and now I can say the Flash Player has properly installed and problem is solved, so again my thanks.

PS can you tell me how to stop the notifications for all flash player threads which are coming through to my PC, all I need is notification of threads which I post in, regards Robert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat

Re my PS, I am inundated with notifications and they are filling up my mail box, how do I set my PC to just get notifications from this single thread in which I have posted?

Although the problem now seems solved I would like to leave the thread open for a couple of days, then what do I click on to mark the thread closed or solved?   Regards Robert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat

I've gone through your clean uninstall and fresh re-install steps, but my problem persists, sorry.

I'd like to be able to post my FlashInstall.log, as you suggest, but this system does not permit file attachment or copy-paste text from file. So I'm a bit stuck I'm afraid.

Any ideas? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

I have tried to reply to you yesterday regarding the forum notifications, but the whole site came down before I could finish my post.

See this topic how to stop forum notifications: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/503132

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@athniel: it would really be better if you started your own topic, as this topic is now resolved.

You can paste text using the standard keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines