• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9: Multiple Topics with the Same Map ID

Explorer ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the same Map ID with more than one topic, which seems logical to me as a process that contains multiple screens could open an overview of the process, but I get an error that "The map number is already in this project".

I've tried manually editing the BSSCDefault.h file, but when I go back to RH the second topic is still showing the unique Map ID that I deleting.

How can I bypass this? Thanks.

One more thing: I just noticed that in the Edit Map IDs dialog box the Map ID and Topic Name columns use the same topic name (which also appears in the H file). This topic name also appears in the Page Title field of the TOC Properties dialog box, but the Link to field can have a different HTML filename. Is this ok?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Make an overview topic and assign the map id to the overview topic instead of trying to add it to multiple topics.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your logic is a bit flakey here - if you assign MapID 10 to 3 topics, which one is your application supposed to launch when it gets told "open MapID 10"? No wonder it gets confused - you always want to have a 1:1 link between MapID and topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My explanation was off. My bad.

At our company the developers assign unique IDs to each new screen they create. I must use this unique ID as a MAP ID. And the only way I can define multiple Map IDs (screens) to the same topic is to manually edit the H file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes more sense - you can always have multiple places in the app point to the same topic (many:1, not 1:many)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is that I have to edit the H file manually. RH9 only shows the first entry for any given topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp