• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player fails to install (Mac 10.6.4)

New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have checked the Forum & FAQ pages. The reason for the update is that on YouTube the video box was suddenly appearing as a solid black square. Decided to update, and after downloading attempted to install. The error message "Failed to install. Contact support," appeared with each attempt.

A screen image of the installation log:Screen shot 2012-05-17 at 2.10.32 AM.png

Oddly, now Firefox crashes upon starting, so I'm unable to verify whether videos are able to be viewed in a different browser. This is the first time attempting to use Firefox in a couple months. No idea what is up with it.

I'd appreciate any guidance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've forwarded this log on to our installer team to see if they've seen this before.  If Firefox is now crashing on launch, I'd also recommend doing a disk check to make sure everything is functioning correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We believe you're running into a system problem.  The log reports that a required system library is missing, which is definitely not normal.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris-

That's helpful information. In the Trash is the following: #flash.quantserve.com. Also these two folders which are empty: flash.quantserve.com/

flash.quantserve.com%2019-09-41/

What would the system library file or folder be called? Should it normally appear in the Macromedia folder under Preferences? I'm wondering whether it is possible to drag the missing system library back into place and resolve this.

Again, our advice and input is much appreciated.

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved. Having understood the problem from your reply, I updated the OS software. The videos now play. (I've not yet tried to install the latest version of Flash Player, but I think it will work now.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carl,

That's great news.  Glad you were able to get this solved.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines