• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Recording Working Sporadically Since 4.5 Upgrade

Participant ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio recording feature we've built into one of the activities on our educational website has been faultering since our recent upgrade to FMS4.5 .

We're using the "publish" feature of NetStream.

It seems to work fine for a while, then it stops working.

Has there been a change in the 4.5 update that may be the cause?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it has been working on past - there is no reason why it should not be working now. Can you elaborate more of what are you trying to publish - what Codec are you using, what encoder (I suppose its FP - if so which version of FP) and which OS (client/server) are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, SE_0208. 

We're simply attaching audio that's incoming via the user's microphone to an instance of the NetStream class, which show up as .flv files in the application's "recordings" directory.  Code snippet as follows:

var nsRecord:NetStream = new NetStream(ncRecord);

nsRecord.setBufferTime(2);

var mic:Microphone = Microphone.get();

mic.setRate(11);

mic.setSilenceLevel(1);

mic.setUseEchoSuppression(true);

nsRecord.attachAudio(mic);

function playRecordedAudio():Void {

nsRecord.play(fileName);

}

It's worked without a hitch for three years, (and we get 10,000 visitors a day), but ever since we updated to FMS 4.5, it'll work fine for a day or two, then it suddenly stops recording the files.  (No new files show up in the recordings directory). 

One clue, in case it helps, is that when the problem arises and it quits working, the Flash Media Administration Console shows a huge number of Active Clients, (1000+).  When it's working fine, that number is significantly smaller, (around 20).   I'm wondering if it's failing to recognize when users have disconnected, thus accumulating and maxing out on Active Clients and crashing the application.  

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, that's 20 Active Clients showing on that particular application.  The same website uses the FMS to deliver videos, and the Active Clients average between 250 and 300.  (that application is working fine).

We can fix the problem temporarily by using the "Reload this application" button on the FMS Administration Console -- that gets the application working again.  But we obviously can't be monitoring it 24 hours a day, and since the website is used heavily by users all around the world, we need it to be running smoothly 24/7.   

If we can't find a solution as to why it's happening with the new version of the server, is there a way to schedule an automatic Application Reload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*BUMP*

Hoping to get a little support advice here soon.  Our site gets 700,000 hits a day, and the complaints are pouring in in wheelbarrows.

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry have been busy with other work so have not got time to look into this - so very sorry about it. It might take sometime for us to repro it at our end and though i would not like you to go that way but since you ask for workaround in terms of reload i would suggest how to do it.

You can just write small server-side or client-side application which would reload the application after fixed time interval(which you need to figure out - what works for you or fits this case). The way to do it is to use "reloadApp" Admin API - you can find details here : http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/adminapi/WSa4cb07693d12388431df580a12a34991ebc-8000.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SE_208,

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.   One question... is there a way to revised the above code so that the restart would occur only once the number of Active Connections rises to a certain level?  I've noticed that the number of Active Connections rises to a huge number whenever the application breaks down, so it would be great to have the restart respond to that instead of on a timed basis, which would kick off connected users when it may not be necessary.

Thanks again,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes you can use other Admin API command (getAppStats) to check active connections for particular application - see here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/adminapi/WSa4cb07693d12388431df580a12a34991ebc-8000.htm...

So what you can do is set up timer to call a function after designated time interval and issue above command - check Active Connections and then call reloadApp

I have asked my teammate to look into original issue - i'll see he got to it. Sorry again and thanks for having patience. Hope above workaround atleast temporary allows some time to breath for you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines