• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does RoboHelp HTML 7 run on Windows 7?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does RoboHelp HTML 7 run on Windows 7? Note that we use SourceSafe for multiple authors.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm sure there are exceptions, but I wasn't able to make it run on my own Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. At least not in Windows 7. I did make it run but only by installing the Virtual Machine for XP. What that does is install a virtual Windows XP environment that you may use to operate RoboHelp 7.

Unless you can do that you are probably going to need to upgrade RoboHelp to continue working with it on Windows 7. Additionally, maybe it will work if Windows 7 is the 32 bit version. Not sure.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I speak from experience in saying that RoboHelp 7 works on Windows 7 32 bit. I'm not sure about 64 bit. I believe I had it working at one point on a 64 bit machine. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have it running on two Windows 7 32 bit machines and it works for test purposes. I haven't hammered it extensively though.

Looks like 64 bit is the killer.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to drag this up again, but has the Windows 7 64 bit support problem ever been cured? I have just been given such a machine to replace an XP box that was blue screening on a daily basis. Having installed TCS 3 on the new box and cloned my Mercurial repository (RoboHelp project linked to a FrameMaker book), I've found I've had to completely rebuild the project. Earlier today RH suddenly closed on me and I'm now worried that I'm using an unstable environment for RoboHelp.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TCS3 has RoboHelp 9 and that is fine on Windows 7 64 bit,

I assume you tried deleting the CPD file.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I hadn't done that as I ended up re-creating the project. At the moment I just seem to be very careful about how I update any changes made in the FrameMaker source as this seems to cause RoboHelp to lose the links.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always the first thing to try with problem projects.

If it recurs, post in the FrameMaker Integration forum.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp