• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certain Pages Aligning to Left on Mobile Devices

Participant ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Muse site that I am almost finsihed with and there is a weird problem that I cannot for the life of me figure out. 

All of my pages look perfectly fine in regular browsers, the page content is all centered and looks fine, but when I look at certain pages (not all of them) on my iphone the entire page gets shifted to the left and does not fill up the screen like all the other pages. Everything is still centered but smaller and pushed to the left.  I have tried a lot of fixes but nothing works so I need a fresh set of eyes to help me figure out this issue.

Here are two screenshots showing the difference.  The first one is how its supposed to look and the second one is how the messed up page looks.  

You can also visit the website here....   http://pgl0.businesscatalyst.com

pgl1.png--------pgl2.png

You can also visit the website here....   http://pgl0.businesscatalyst.com

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Thanks, no content was wide on the page but I found an empty text box way over to the right that was causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any meta tags or CSS for mobile Safari. Those elements need to be manually added after each Muse HTML export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I get that code. I am not a coder so I wouldnt know that, plus why are all the other pages fine if its just a code issue, none of the other pages would have that code but they work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your desktop browser. Some of your pages are wider than others. A horizontal scroll bar appears at the bottom of the browser on those troublesome pages.

You just need to clean up whatever wide element you have on those pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, no content was wide on the page but I found an empty text box way over to the right that was causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All-

I am having the same problem with my web page using Safari on iOS.  As per the suggestions, I have checked, doubled checked, and triple checked for any hidden or empty text boxess throughout the site, but can't find any.  Also, I checked the width of all my pages and they are consistent.  Am I missing something?  The site in question is www.pricecountyfair.com.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem when I viewed my site on the iPhone or iPad.

I inserted "overflow:hidden;" in the .css file under #page, for each page of the site and that worked great:

#page

{

z-index: 1;

width: 960px;

min-height: 600px;

overflow:hidden;

background-image: none;

border-style: none;

border-color: transparent;

background-color: #EBEBEB;

margin-left: auto;

margin-right: auto;

}

I hope that Adobe will give an option for overflow in the page properties in the next version of Muse so I won't have to do this every time I

make a change in the file, or have overflow:hidden as a default!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello tonisd,

I finally had the chance to try your suggestion, and it worked...sort of.  My site is now centered in the Safari iOS app, however the edges on both sides are being chopped off.  I have the ribbon menu at the top where the graphics overhang the main body, and both of those are not visible.  You can see what I mean by going to my site (www.pricecountyfair.com) on your computer and then on iOS.  Is there any way to make it centered AND have it not chop off both edges?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your site looks great! I don't see a difference in the site on my computer and what I see on my iphone, but I'm assuming that you have more ribbon at the top on each side where the ends are being cut off. The overflow:hidden line will make whatever is outside the page boarders invisible. So you may want to scale the left and right sides of the ribbon in, so that everything will be inside the site page width.  I know this will mean a little redesigning of your site but I'm guessing just one change on the master page and that should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Tonisd, I tried your suggestion and it worked 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tonsid - can I do this by "insrt HTML"?  Or can you explain how to insert into a specific placement in the code, or how do I access the css??

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is driving me buts

not only is the site forced to the left on an ipad, but even in safari and firefox the page isn't centering and the bottom scrollbar is appearing, even though there is nothing i can find to the right of any of the pages, including the master.

any ideas not suggested previously?

http://socialstarpower01.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Facebook HTML embed for the "Recommend" button on the top left of the page is 450px wide, thus it's sticking far beyond the right of the page and causing the scroll bar to appear.

<iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=hyyp%3A%2F%2Fwww.socialstarpower.com&send=false&layout=button_count&width=450&show_faces=false&action=recommend&colorscheme=light&font=trebuchet+ms&height=21&appId=201948789875598" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:450px; height:21px;" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough I was about to mention that after digging through the HTML of the master page.

The item as been removed and all is fine.

It's odd that an item that small should show up as so wide in the HTML.  In fact at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like/ the default width for the item is 450 pixels. Physically, it's no more than 140 pixels wide.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as these guys.

When the page is opened in chrome/safari/ipad/iphone its aligned to the left. I need this fixed for my client.

I have no knowledge of HTML but deperately need a fix please.

Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find an answer to this? As I am having the exact same problem. I checked to see if there were any outlying text boxes etc, and I also deleted all the scrolling effects, thinking that they might be causing the problem. Neither fixed the problem

www.lrproductions.biz

Works fine on most browsers, but the phone layout is pinched to the left? I would really appreciate any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I corrected my problem with weird left aligning on mobil devices this way:

Don't have any stuff touching the right page edge (the far right blue vertical line). I had an invicible box causing the problem one one page. And my Google tag on other pages. (The Google code is a checked box with a little warning sign in it. It's a piece of html) Don't let that box touch the page edge line.

Voila - it worked.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And hey: Remember to check master pages for stuff touching the blue line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2015 Jan 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered that my full screen button was clicked on my image screen. Once I unchecked it, the screen centered with my specified even border.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after seeing what the overflow:hidden line did to the objects I have hanging "outside" of the page border, I have decided to remove the command. 

The whole intent of my design was to have images be able to "hang" outside the main frame and give the site a little bit of a better look that's not so boxed in so to speak. 

Is there any other way to do this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2013 Mar 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same issue as well. I'm going crazy trying to figure it out! There's one page that works perfectly but I'm having a hard time mimicing it. Can someone please help?! I tried the "overflow:hidden" but it removes content I want on there.

www.cyclepathmagazine.com

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a mobile site for my muse desktop site www.fam-festival.com. However my mobile site does not spread across the entire mobile browser and stays to the top left, how can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same issue and it's driving me insane. it displays just fine on my desktop, but on the iphone/ipad it's left aligning and cutting off content. www.wearecalledteam.com

if anyone has the solution i would be eternally greatful!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this centering issue.  I have checked for any objects on the sides, and there are none.  Site does not center on my iPhone, but works fine on pc browser.  Please let me know how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer to this? As I am having the exact same problem. I checked to see if there were any outlying text boxes etc, and I also deleted all the scrolling effects, thinking that they might be causing the problem. Neither fixed the problem

www.lrproductions.biz

Works fine on most browsers, but the phone layout is pinched to the left? I would really appreciate any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines