Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSH

New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I want to create the f1 help for our application. However, before that I wanted to tried it on my own by creating a lookup HTML webpage and calling help by clicking on the link. This does not seems to work.

Steps I have followed:

1. Creating a test project (webhelp output) name  : New1

2. Creating three topics : Group, Topic1 and Topic2

3. Creating Map ID's : In the Project Setup pod > Context-Sensitive Help > BSSCDefault.h > Clicked on it and auto maped all topics in the folder.

4. Created a webpage : Containing following code.

<html>
<script type="text/javascript" language=JavaScript1.2 src="RoboHelp_CSH.js">
</script>

<body>

<p>
<A HREF='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, "E:\Release 6.2\new1\!SSL!\WebHelp\new1.htm", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 1)'>Click Here to Show Topic 2000</a>
</p>
<p>
<A HREF='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, "http://www.yourdomain.com/rh_publish/index.htm>online_help_window", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 3000)'>Click Here to Show Topic 3000</a>
<p>
<A HREF='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, "http://www.yourdomain.com/rh_publish/index.htm>online_help_window", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 3001)'>Click Here to Show Topic 3001</a>
<p>
<A HREF='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, "http://www.yourdomain.com/rh_publish/index.htm>online_help_window", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 3002)'>Click Here to Show Topic 3002</a>

</body>
</html>

5. The above html file and RoboHelp_CSH.js are in the same folder.

I am unable to get the expected result . Please help.

regards,

Madhavi.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

That problem is explained in the page I pointed you to.

Your developer will be able to overcome the problem. For the purposes of a proof of concept, I would explain that because of the way the demo has been set up, it is necessary to close the help after clicking each link and that would not be necessary when called in the normal way.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam van Weelden is your man.

This links to his page on the subject. http://www.wvanweelden.eu/robohelp/context_sensitivity_in_webhelp

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter, for you prompt reply.

I have tried all the steps provided by :

http://www.adobe.com/devnet-archive/robohelp/articles/context_help.html

with no success

I don't know where I am going wrong.

My company wants me to produce a (POC) demo based on this screen-level help using webhelp.

Webhelp size is around 1450 objects, I don't want to take chance and go wrong with the real time help.

Please help me, Peter and Willam.

Regards,

Madhavi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter/ Willam,

It is working now , my first issue is resolved. However, when I am calling multiple links through web application first time the link works fine, when I click on other link it show the same window blank, instead of displaying 2 topic.

Can you please help?

Regards,

Madhavi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is only proof of concept, why not use the URL method of calling webhelp. It can be set up to call specific topics. Calling WebHelp using URLs on my site has some information on that.

If you particularly want Map IDs, then I'm not the best person.

Are you the author or a developer? I ask as using Map IDs is normally something where you would add the IDs to the topics but the developer would get it all working.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

I am the Author.

May be I am confused between the Map ID and URL's. What I am trying to do is create a webpage and call the help topics related to the page this is only for a demo, webpage I create was picked from your site. I have just changed the map ID. I am able to acheive that.. thanks.

Now, I have created 3 links for a webpage and through that I am calling webhelp topics (using mapID, I guess so).

when I click first link the help topic window opens up with (pop-up blocker, when I allow, it opens ) topic. If I do not close the topic and click on the second link the same help topic window goes blank. else. I can close the topic and open other topic with no issues.

Can you help in this regard?

Thanks again,

Madhavi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That problem is explained in the page I pointed you to.

Your developer will be able to overcome the problem. For the purposes of a proof of concept, I would explain that because of the way the demo has been set up, it is necessary to close the help after clicking each link and that would not be necessary when called in the normal way.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that answers all my questions.

Regards,

Madhavi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp