• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Eclipse help output produce multiple eclipse_whtdata.xml files?

New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Robohelp 9 project (created with RoboHelp HTML 9.0.2).

I choose to export as Eclipse help (this is nearly the same as webhelp).

Our tech lead integrates my exported Eclipse help output files into Eclipse IDE's help

as a separate book. The user can expand our parent book into multiple books and display topics.

The topics in this project are approx. 300.

Our question:

How we can set up our project or book files in Robohelp that will generate only one Eclipse whtdata file that will include all toc entries.

Our problem:

The project generates multiple (6 currently) eclipse_whtdata files.

It generates a toc.xml file with a  <topic> child element that points to an eclipse whtdata file as follows:   <link toc="eclipse_whtdata1.xml">

The eclipse_whtdata1.xml has toc labels and links to topics.

Within the eclipse_whtdata1.xml file, there are 5 instances of toc labels and links that point to other eclipse_whtdata files.

So we are getting 6 eclipse_whtdata.xml files, numbered from 1 to 6. File number 1 links to files  numbered from 2 through 6.

I tried to identify a pattern and I do not see differences in the way the books are set up in the Robohelp project, and no difference in the way the topics are linked to the books, etc. I even removed some books and recreated them.

The Robohelp project has a parent book, with a linked topic.

This topic links to all first level child books and some standalone topics.

Each child book has a topic with links to all of its child books or child topics.

No errors are displayed in the output on generation.

Thank you for any help or pointers you can provide.

Cynthia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Hi Cynthia

When you look in RoboHelp at the Single Source Layouts pod, think of it in much the same way as you would think of a Recipe Box in your kitchen. Inside the recipe box are often recipe cards that hold the settings for each dish you might create. So each of the items inside the Single Source Layouts pod is equivalent to a recipe card. The card contains all the settings that govern how that specific output is created.

As you work your way through the different areas of the settings, one is

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cynthia

When you look in RoboHelp at the Single Source Layouts pod, think of it in much the same way as you would think of a Recipe Box in your kitchen. Inside the recipe box are often recipe cards that hold the settings for each dish you might create. So each of the items inside the Single Source Layouts pod is equivalent to a recipe card. The card contains all the settings that govern how that specific output is created.

As you work your way through the different areas of the settings, one is typically labeled Navigation. And in this area is a setting labeled Optimize Speed For.

The setting here determines whether the navigation elements are spllit into smaller chunks or left in a larger file. Try ensuring the option here is set for Local PC or Intranet.

Give that a try and see if it helps... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for such a fast response, Captiv8r. I set this switch, and only a single toc.xml file was created with links to all the books, etc. Our tech lead says he can work with this, so we'll be putting it to the test in about a week or so with a new package.

I think this information should be in the help files with generated output as eclipse. I think the documentation is sparse.

I had a lot of trouble finding any specific information.

--Cynthia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp