Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not opening up

Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2006 Oct 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My programmer is calling a merged WebHelp Project from Oracle forms. When opening the WebHelp the TOC appears but doesn't expand to show the current page. I am using the format published/startpage.html#mergedProject/child_1/overview/overview.html to call a particular section of webhelp. I have tried generating to Local PC instead of Web (Thanks RoboWizard) and I have added the lines of code suggested in Section 8 of Merged WebHelp on Peter Grainge's excellent site.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 26, 2006 Oct 26, 2006
Greig,

Are you clearing your browser cache before viewing a new WebHelp package? I have tripped myself up this way, not realizing I was looking at old files instead of the latest. You would think the browser setting for "always compare page with cache" takes care of this, but I am suspicious. So when I'm troubleshooting I clear the cache before generating a new WebHelp package.

How did the startpage become .html instead of .htm?

If you did this manually, after generating WebHelp, that was a m...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Oct 25, 2006 Oct 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your path example, you provide two instances of html instead of htm.

Might that be the problem?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2006 Oct 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Leon.

The startpage is html and the second page is just a typo of mine in the message. I am able to call the files on my machine with the TOC opening as expected but it is when they are transferred to the server and called from the application that it doesn't open up.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Greig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 26, 2006 Oct 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are ALL the generated output files being made available?

Often, IT peeps who are unfamiliar with Webhelp remove what they consider duplicate and unnecessary files.

Also, RH is more comfortable when ALL file extensions are htm.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 26, 2006 Oct 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greig,

Are you clearing your browser cache before viewing a new WebHelp package? I have tripped myself up this way, not realizing I was looking at old files instead of the latest. You would think the browser setting for "always compare page with cache" takes care of this, but I am suspicious. So when I'm troubleshooting I clear the cache before generating a new WebHelp package.

How did the startpage become .html instead of .htm?

If you did this manually, after generating WebHelp, that was a mistake.

Several WebHelp files reference the startpage, and sometimes html isn't the same as htm (I think they should be interchangeable, but they are not).

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2006 Oct 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks very much for all of the replies. It seems that taking out the HTML page and clearing the cache solved the problem. Will see.

Greig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp