Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from Flash player 10 to 11

New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are in the process of upgrading some of our PC's currently running Flash player versions 9 and 10 to version 11. We are going to push this out via SCUP to all workstations with in our environment. The issue we have is that when we install version 11 it is not removing the old version from the workstations.

Is there a way to get the flash player 11 MSI to remove the older versions of flash player when it installs version 11 or will we need to pull the old versions out manually after version 11 is installed?

Cheers

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

From what I understand, the MSI should do an uninstall first automatically.  Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with SCUP/SCCM so I don't have much more to add.  I suspect you'll find more info with a few Google searches or maybe another admin will reply back.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that you know about the Admin Guide http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

I also do not know much about SCUP; is there a way that you could incorporate the executable uninstaller (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html) as a first step of the upgrade process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

Thanks for replying.

I’m thinking I should be able to push a vb script to uninstall the older versions out via SCCM or I could use the uninstaller (if it can be targeted to get rid of one version and leave another).

Either way it shouldn’t be to hard.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The uninstaller will uninstall all installed Flash Player versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines