• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble installing on Mac OS X 10.5.8

New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't seem to download flash player. I had an old version, but was having trouble updating it, so I tried uninstalling it (which I have managed to do) in order to re-install the software ...but now I can't install it at all.

I have Mac OS X 10.5.8 with an intel processor, nothing seems to work, the installation links do nothing. The web browser I am using is Safari 5.0.6. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Player 10.3 is the supported version for Mac 10.5.

What happens when you click the Download Now button?

The following document has detailed info: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am directed to the page that says:

Thank you. Your download will start immediately and may take a few minutes to complete.

1. If a dialog box appears with the option to save, click Save File.
2. After the installer file has been downloaded and saved, a window containing the Flash Player installer appears on your desktop.
3. Double-click the installer to start the installation process.

But no download begins and no dialogue box appears.

Thanks,

Jodie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the link, sadly it doesn't work though
This is what I get:

Not Found

The requested URL /pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac /install_flash_player_10_osx.dmg was not found on this server.

Jodie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there is an unwanted space after mac in the url Chris gave you.

Here is the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sunil.  It should have downloaded if you clicked the link but it does appear that a space was added in the actual text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your help... sadly the link still doesn't work for me (Nothing happens when I use it), but I've managed to install a 10.2 version from an old link I found online. I guess that might just have to do for now unless you can think of any other way of me managing to upgrade? Perhaps it's just a problem with my laptop. Thanks,

Jodie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reposting that download link (works for me):

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_10_osx.d...

P.S. Sunil's link also works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodie,

I would like to encourage you to download the latest 10.3 release from the links that Pat, Sunil and I provided.  This version has all of the latest security patches applied.  The 10.2 version that you installed does contain vulnerabilities.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I would love to, but sadly the links just aren't working. So i'll just stick with what I have, unless you can provide me with a reason why I might be having a problem with the links? I don't have a great amount of experience with this kind of thing, but I can tell you that the options you've given me so far definitely aren't working, I've spent some time trying to get them to.

Jodie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodie,

I verified the links again and they are working fine at my end. Do you get any error message after clicking the link? If not, could you please go to Window > Downloads (in Safari) to see if the installer is downloaded.

Regarding the message that you mentioned in your second post: "Thank you. Your download will start immediately and may take a few minutes to complete."

I suspect JavaScript is disabled in Safari. Could you please click the Develop tab in Safari and see if the "Disable JavaScript" option is checked. It should be unchecked to download the Flash Player uninstaller from Adobe Download.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunil,

Thank you for your help, sadly this is still no use either. I had previously checked those things, and have done again, no downloads to be found and "Disable JavaScript" is already unchecked,

Thanks,

Jodie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to download files from any webpage?  Does this link work?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2230935/install_flash_player_10_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi jodie,

I was having the exact same problem and the instructions in this forum page didnt help me either. So i tried my own way and it happened to work.

1.download adobe flash player 10.3 on another mac (this is a problem if you dont have another mac but maybe a friend does?)

2. transfer the installer onto a usb 

3. install from the adobe flash player installer that you just transferred to the usb stick

4. make sure you enable you javascript before trying to view a video

it definitely works because i just did it a few minutes ago and just tested it. I was worried about viruses etc from downloading an older version from a random website. lucky this method worked!

hope i've helped!

Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines