Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio restarting from beginning on relaunch

Sep 02, 2011 Sep 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a course that is published to SCORM and imported to an LMS. There is audio on each slide and background audio. When I launch the course from the LMS, everything works fine. If I exit in the middle and then relaunch, it takes me to the slide where I left off, but the audio starts from the beginning of the course.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you apply the audio separately to each file, or as a single file spread over all the slides in the movie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't create the movie myself, but am trying to troubleshoot. I asked the developer and she said:

I imported the audio as one file, and then I manually clipped it to synch with each slide. I didn't distribute it across the slides, but did "save as new file" each time I made an edit.

I tried exporting the audio clips, renaming them so they didn't say "(Clip)" at the beginning, then reimported them and republished. Unfortunately, the same problem is happening.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at each clip listed in the Library and check the Usage Count to see that these are actually used on slides. If they ARE actually all separated onto different slides, I would suggest that something has gone awry inside Captivate and it still thinks it's dealing with a single audio file.

You may need to export all the audio clips out as WAV files, rename them from what they were so that Captivate won't recognise them, then reimport each one back in to replace the file currently on its slide.  Perhaps that will make Cp play nicer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually what I already did (exported, renamed, reimported, republished) and the same problem still occurred. And I did check that these were the audio files being used. But I did do all of this with the .MP3 files, not the .WAV files. Do you think that makes a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't think whether you did it with MP3 or WAV would make a difference.  Just that WAV is always better for preserving audio quality.  MP3s tend to 'wear out' because they're compressed quite a bit.

At this stage I don't have any ideas other than that your project might be corrupted.  If this is a Cp5 project, try copying all slides from it into a new blank project and see if it does the same trick there.  Sometimes that can resolve internal issues under the hood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find out what the issue was? I am having the same problem and I am looking for a solution....  My project is not corrupted, but I don't know why the audio keeps restarting from the begining.  Any help would be great...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had another thought.

Did you add this audio to the Background by any chance? Go to Audio > Edit and check to see if Background is greyed out or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio was not incorporated in the background, but thanks for the suggestion.  What I ended up doing is to set the audio to start at .1 seconds into each slide.  That seemed to work....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That seems to be the best thing to do. Its also discussed on Captivate Blog : http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2010/08/audiovideosync_in_captivate_swf.html.

This Blog is for Audio/Video sync issue, you may use this in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sending me the link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources