Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link to a pdf page on web from a chm file

New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using RoboHelp 9.0.2.  I'm trying to create a link in a chm file to a specific pdf page using a URL.  The link I am using is http://www.actuarialstandardsboard.org/pdf/exposure/ASOP_No27_second%20exposure_2011.pdf#page=41

I put the above line in my chm file.  It appears correctly in the URL project list and shows correctly when I choose Show.  It also apeears to be correct in the HTML code of the page. 

However when I create the chm clicking on the link just brings me the start of the pdf file.  After clicking on the link in the chm file and explorer opens, the URL in explorer does not show #page=41.  It ends at.pdf.

Am I missing something or does anyone kno whys this is not working?

Thanks

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Hi there

That link doesn't even work for me when I paste it into the address bar of my Firefox browser. It does work in IE, but not in Firefox. In Firefox it opens the PDF generically.

I tested in a CHM and it did try and link, but it presents a black page. Looks like the correct page, but it's blacked out.

CHM files rely upon elements of Internet Explorer to display their content. So perhaps it's something specific to a certain version of Internet Explorer as well as a certain version of the Acrob

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

That link doesn't even work for me when I paste it into the address bar of my Firefox browser. It does work in IE, but not in Firefox. In Firefox it opens the PDF generically.

I tested in a CHM and it did try and link, but it presents a black page. Looks like the correct page, but it's blacked out.

CHM files rely upon elements of Internet Explorer to display their content. So perhaps it's something specific to a certain version of Internet Explorer as well as a certain version of the Acrobat Reader.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick, 

Yes it appears to be an IE issue.  I'm using IE9.  I found that if I don't use New Window to open IE9 the link works correctly to the proper page.  For example if I leave Display in Frame as Page Default (none), it works.

Thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp