• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF output InDesign CS6

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to export a document in IDCS6 to one of the Adobe PDF presets, I can't specify specific pages of the document there is a button that allows you to select "pages" but no box where you can type in the specific pages...this does not happen in CS5.5 or CS5 versions...the panel is different...I often export specific pages of a document to be sent out for review and can't do it in CS6 version of InDesign

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Figured it out...had to select ranges and then the "Custom V" and then it let me type in the specific page numbers...thanks for the quick responses.

Vinnie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screenshot?

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pages versus spreads option is not for specifying particular pages, but rather you want each page of the InDesign document exported as a PDF page or each spread in the InDesign document exported as a single PDF page.

Select Range and you should be able to specify the pages you want to export from there.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov...If I select range, the box still says All Pages there is another option in the dropdown box with another option, "Custom V", but I still can't specify or type in the specific page numbers like I could in IDCS5.5 or 5...

Vinnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out...had to select ranges and then the "Custom V" and then it let me type in the specific page numbers...thanks for the quick responses.

Vinnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue but I do not get a box to select "Custom V".  When I try to select any combination of All /Range  with Page/Spread it only show options for "All Pages" and  "Letter V".  It does not allow be to tell it what pages.  I do not understand the "Letter V". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try clicking in the letter V box and see if you can type the page numbers you want to generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I guess when the drop down box was not empty I thought you could not type in it.  I had to type over and erase the "Letter V" type and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UI needs to be changed. It's not obviously apparent for me (assuming there are many more like us too) that you can type into the "range" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just wasted a couple of hours on the exact same problem. It is not obvious at all that typing the value in manually will override the dropdown text. And what is 'Custom V'? A pre-populated dropdown entry of indeterminate meaning is not what you want to see when you're about to export print-ready documents! Print Ranges always have fields to type those values in, precisely to avoid this sort of confusion. I would also recommend a UI tweak here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into this problem, and thankfully, because of your post , it only took me 10 minutes. I do happen to be a bit of a newbie with indesign, but frankly , I feel this is BAD design. And your solution is great.  Haven't updated to see if this is changed on the newest version. (Not going to deal with all the reported BS that the latest version apparently comes with - even though I already own it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree completely - this whole time I was exporting the entire PDF and then extracting the pages in Acrobat. lol  Not intuitive by any means because it fills it in for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for the answers! I was stuck on this too - mine said "A4 V" and didn't look like a box you can type in. Can't think what "A4 V" could mean - it really is n't clear in the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was at first difficult to figure out for me too. I too used to create full PDF and then extract pages!

I was surprised (after discovering that I could type in it) that Adobe had such a UI.

Another learning was that pages needed to be specified as actual page numbers of the book (in case the file was part of book) not the page sequence in the file. But that is Ok.

It is discoverbility that "you can type in here" which I think Adobe should improve. (Maybe they have in CC I don't know, I am still happy with CS6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem now all of a sudden in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie:

The dialog box has been updated but the answer remains the same: change the current range value to the desired range value.

In my example, I'm exporting 2 through 3 and page 10.

~Barb

Screenshot 2018-05-06 11.05.25.png

Screenshot 2018-05-06 11.05.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barb!  Yes, that is what I ended up doing too. I was responding to Idamindia's post that interface may have been fixed in CC. It has not, but has not been an issue for me until recently.

I hope Adobe fixes this in all current and future versions. It is not intuitive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie,

you could also work with absolute page numbering. That would bypass the need to define the exact naming of pages.

Example: If you have a document with several page sections with different numbering schemes like a,b,c or i,ii,iii and then 1,2,3 you could address the pages with absolute numbering:

+1-+3

would export pages one to three of the document regardless of naming.

+4-

would export all pages up to the fourth page to the end of the document.

-+12

would export all pages from page one to page twelve of the document.

+7,+8,+12

would export pages seven, eight and twelve of the document.

+7,+7

would export page seven of the document two times to the same PDF

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was really helpfull i have spent time trying to figure it out , thank you for this information it has really helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines