• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to shift Acrobat Pro X to new Mac?

New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that there's no Mac trial version of Acrobat Pro X and all the online version updates require you start with 10.0, how do I shift using my previously purchased version to my new Mac from my old Mac? Downloads section of My Adobe seems to offer no way for me to re-download it from there, though it reflects that I own a registered version. So how to I do this?

TIA,

waywest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can request a platform swap by following the steps listed at Order product | Platform, language swap - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/order-product-platform-language-swap.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thanks for the quick response.

I've submitted a swap request as you suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, just have a doubt ....Why have you suggested the platform swap to waywest in this situation.

He want to transfer the software from one Mac to Other , not from Mac to windows.. !!!!!

If I get the OP right , he is looking for the download link of Acrobat X for Mac, If you have placed the Platform swap order then you will get the windows copy not the Mac copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

@Manish appears to be correct.

I submitted the request that you suggested but from the reply form Adobe sent me, it looks like a swap from Mac to Windows. That's not what I'm trying to accomplish.

I want to simply shift from one Mac to another Mac, running my already-paid-for Acrobat Pro X.

I can't simply reinstall from a CD because my original order was a software download. And I find no option on Adobe for simply re-downloading Acrobat Pro X (10.0)--only updates (10.3, etc).

In the meantime, I' m using Apple Preview--which isn't nearly as good, nor good for Adobe.

waywest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies yes just install the software on your new Macintosh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

My whole point is that I can "just install the software." I see no way to download Acrobat Pro X 10.0 to do the reinstall. That's what I'm hoping you can tell me how to do.

If I could simply reinstall, I wouldn't have posted this question. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you purchase the software previously on a DVD?  It would appear that you must have since it is not showing up under My Orders.  You will need to contact the support team to obtain replacement media if this is the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff please read this,  I am not sure if I am right ...please correct me if I am wrong.

@ waywest

let me tell few things , I dont remember the process exactly but Jeff may be knowing it.

When you order the platform swap your previous serial number is Cancelled (Cannot be used again) ...So if you have ordered the platform swap , your Mac serial number has been cancelled by support , so if in any case you get the replacement disc , it will not work becuase of the invalid serial number.

So first of all contact support , cancel your platform swap order and let them know you did by mistake and get the fresh new serial number for your Mac (right away dont  wait for them to send you or something like that) once you have it , then order the replacement disc.

if you order gets processed then remember my friend that the platform swap can only be ordered for once , hence you cannot goahead and swap to Mac, please get this rectified at the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish I don't believe the process is quite that quick and Waywest is mainly looking to find the installation files I believe and install it on his new Macintosh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just way too complicated and a bit silly given that I've been buying Adobe products for more than a decade.

At Manish suggestion, I hopped over to the support area where my SWAP is pending and submitted this message. (I didn't yet click Withdraw case because I actually wanted someone in support to read my note. Guess I'll do that on Sunday.)

Here's the note I submitted"

Hello,

I applied for a SWAP by mistake. Please CANCEL the swap. The Adobe Forums person, Jeff A. Wright misunderstood my question when he recommended that I request a swap.

What I'm wanting to do--and maybe it's not possible but it ought to be--is simply move my copy of Acrobat Pro X _Mac_ from my old Mac to my new Mac.

At the moment, I cannot find my original Acrobat Pro X Mac CD. (I just moved from one house to another so things are a bit chaotic.) I had assumed that I could simply download a copy of Acrobat Pro X, install it on my new Mac and uninstall it on my old Mac. After all, as you can see at My Adobe, I bought and paid for Acrobat Pro X some time ago. So it seemed like a trivially easy thing to accomplish, but apparently not.

Quite frustrating. In the meantime, I'll keep using Apple's Preview on my new machine, though I find that program inferior to Acrobat.

So--to repeat myself---please CANCEL my swap request.

waywest

public@waywest.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff , I am more concerned regarding the serial number , if it has been cancelled then the installation media is of no use.

Westway , contact the Adobe Support if in case you dont get any response within 2-3 days to make sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waywest I closed your request for SWAP and have verified your serial number is still valid.  My apologies for the confusion lots of traffic to the forum with the launch of CS6 and then Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do exactly what waywest was attempting.  How do I transfer the Acrobat X version I bought on-line (and have the serial number for) to the new Mac I just bought.  Without going through the platform swap goose chase?

Thanks so much,

- Eli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deactivate Acrobat on your old system, then download / install it on your new system, then activate it with your serial number:

Download Acrobat products | Standard, Pro | XI, X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines