May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Failure of Adobe Flash Player to download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system, version & edition?

What is your web browser?

Do you get any messages regarding that "failure"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I get no reply saying anything failed - I just get no response - have tried maybe 20 - 30 times - I have Mac OS X  Version 10.6.8, Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 15 - purchased in November 2010- a MacBook Pro,  my web browser is Google - I used to be able to access videos and pictures from e..mails and news items but cannot not in last  couple of weeks...I am getting desperate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a clean install, as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

linjimfur2 wrote:

my web browser is Google

Just noticed this in your reply; Google Chrome has Flash Player pre-installed - there is no need to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat Willener, but how do I know if I have Google "Chrome" - I was not aware I had such a thing.

Anyway in past couple of weeks when I go to pull up a video or picture in an e.mail or on a news item (on the right side of Google) it will pop up a notice that I need Adobe Flash Player to be downloaded to access this picture or video. I never had any such problems until about a week or two ago. Then I click on the box to install or to download and it shows that it's doing it in my Computer file list but nothing happens but to list my try - probably 20 times - and it has no "open" place to click and the box remains totally empty (box is about 2 inches x 1 inch tall) and never shows that the download was completed. Also I am not sure I can do # 4 of Macintosh instructions you sent about deleting all those \Library folders. Is there anyway I could get someone to talk me through it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are confusing me now; Chrome is the only web browser that Google offers - do you have another Google browser?  Can you post a screenshot of it?

Sorry, I cannot help you with the details of the clean install; I do not know enough about Mac OS.  Perhaps somebody else will step in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No other version of the G. Chrome - I have just read a lot about it and think I should install it - sure hope it doesn't have bad problems eventually. Everything I have read this evening makes it look like it would be a good thing. Did I understand you correctly that if I install G. Chrome I would solve my Flash Player Problems ? I just tried to get the photos of Mary Kennedy-(in the news from Google) and a black and red box came up saying: "We're Sorry. You need to update your flash player. Important: After installing the required upgrade please reload this browser window to view the video player."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only I knew what your web browser is ... Safari, Firefox, Opera...?

Anyway, you should be able to install Google Chrome without affecting anything else on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Safari is my Web Browser - at least that is what I put on in order to get to the Web - you see, my digital vocabulary is not the best...Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines