Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CS 5 Double Sided Printing

New Here ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have inDesign CS 5 for Mac and i want to print my document (130 pages) on double sides of the letter paper. However, my printer doesn't do double sided printing so I have to print all odd pages at once, then flip the paper over and print the even pages.

Can anyone please tell me how I can go about doing that without selecting every individual page, and clicking print 130 times?

Appreciate it!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplex printing is the printer specfic feature , so if your printer supports it check the duplex print option in the printer preferences and then check

If your printer doesn't support it then forget it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the print dialog box, you should be able to select a "sequence" setting of either all odd page or all even pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also a checkbox for printing in reverse order. I haven't had to do this in quite a while, but I seem to remember that if you print the even pages first, and in reverse, you can place the stack back in the printer for the second pass to print the odd pages, and it will be stacked correctly when you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Reverse order" is sort of confusing. At initial thought, i thought it's printing from last page to first page instead of first page to last page, thus the term "reverse order"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Boba901 wrote:

"Reverse order" is sort of confusing. At initial thought, i thought it's printing from last page to first page instead of first page to last page, thus the term "reverse order"

That's what it does. You can do a test if you like. Make a document of 4 pages with just a page number on each. Print the evens first in reverse, flip the stack over and print the odds in regular order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this work if i have my pages sectioned off and starting from page 1 for each section? Basically i just want to print every other page, regardless of my page number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines