• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

multiple values

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2006 Oct 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several form fields in one form.
one of the field is a pick list which can be selected multiple values and these values are from a different table.
In this case, should i create another table to insert them?
or uisng list function, just put them into the same table with other fields?
i think if i put them into the same table using list(), how can I update the value if it is changed from other table?
any suggestions on this case?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically, it is not good practice to store comma delimited lists in a relational database.

In cases like this I will typically store the data in another table, especially if it is data that will need to be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No offense, but the fact that you asked that question indicates that you probably don't know anything about database normalization. If you are doing web development for a living, that knowlege is at least as important as sql or cold fusion.

Apparently there are places to learn this stuff on the web (it's not exactly rocket science). A good set of words to google is "Data Modelling".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation