Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS6 - Always 100% CPU

New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just installed the trial of Dreamweaver CS6. And I noticed it's always taking 100% of the CPU!!

I disabled RELATED FILES, deleted the cache, but it still takes 100% of the CPU.

The CPU goes down to 0% once I enter any menu in Dreamweaver.

I tried all the solution offered here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/656747 but it still didn't helped.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

If you have installed Dreamweaver CCM update (12.1), you should no longer face this issue. If you have 12.1 update installed and are still facing this problem, let us know. For users that are not on the cloud, Adobe is working towards a release that addresses this issue.

UPDATE December 12, 2012--

Janaki Lakshmikanthan wrote:

High CPU usage in Code view issue has been resolved for Mac and the new build 12.0.3 is available for update for Non-Creative Cloud Members too. Please update to the latest bu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been testing Dreamweaver CS6 on both Windows and Mac for several months, and have not encountered CPU problems on either system.

Obviously, that's not much help to you, but it sounds as though it's likely to be something specific to your system that's causing the spike. Adobe doesn't offer technical support for trial versions, but if you post more details of your operating system and specifications, it might help others narrow down the cause of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have Windows 7 x64 Pro. Core2Duo. 4GB of RAM.

I had the issue before also on the licenced version of Dreamweaver CS5, then I disabled RELATED FILES, and then it has dissapeard. Now I have the same issue in CS6, but nothing works to make the CPU going down...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm on Windows 7 64-bit with Xeon Duo and 12 GB of RAM. I have related files turned on, and Dreamweaver CS6 is running as quiet as a (sleeping) baby. The obvious difference is that I have a much larger amount of RAM, but 4GB should be more than adequate for Dreamweaver unless you're running other heavy-use programs.

FWIW, my Mac has only 4 GB of RAM and a much less powerful processor. It also runs Dreamweaver CS6 without any problem, even with related files enabled.

I wonder if it has anything to do with antivirus or firewall software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right,

I've tried now to disable my Antivurus and Firewall, but it still going 100% of the CPU (actually 50%, but 100% of 1 core).

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issues. I'm running Windows 7 x86 dual-core and Dreamweaver eats up an entire core while just sitting there with no files open. If i pull up the preferences dialog window, the CPU usage drops to nearly 0% but as soon as I close out the preferences window, it jumps back up to 50% (100% of one of the CPU cores). It's so bad that it's nearly unusable.  Just editing a simple page with several paragraphs of content takes literally 2-3 seconds to insert a line break in the text.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm also having this exact problem. I tried a gazillion options but I can't fix it!

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate X64 on a P6100 Dual Core 2.10Ghz, 4Gig Ram DDR3, ATI Radeon 5470M + Switchable Graphics (Intel), 320Gig HDD.

On CS5 (and CS5.5) this problem occured once in a while, but it was random... now it's constantly happening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm also having this problem. Notebook: Intel Core i5-460M, 4 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 420M.

I think the problem might be in nVidia Optimus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using DW6 on a Mac here with only 4GB and I'm at 92-94% idle on my CPU, so no issues here with CPU consumption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here (w7 pro 64bit, 4gb and core2 duo): 100% core occupance, 0% if menu opened.

Intel integrated vga. No nvidia drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem using CS6 version of Dreamweaver (12.0 build 5808).

Even without opening any document (so simply just by starting DW with its blank page) it constantly uses 50% of one of the CPU's core.

When i click on a menu item (for example, "File" or "Commands"), and the menu is visible & active, the Dreamweaver.exe's CPU usage drops down to 0%. After i close the menu, Dreamweaver.exe CPU usage raises to 50% instantly.

HW: Core 2 Duo, 2x1GB DDR2 memory, Intel integrated VGA (Intel GMA 4500MHD).

I hope Adobe will fix this major problem as soon as possible, i just can't use Dreamweaver with such heavy system usage...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

I will tell you exactly what i had found so far about it. I used to work on dreamweaver for a very long time but i noticed one little thing and I am sure that this is one of the problems. I am Egyptian so as you know we talk write and speak Arabic. When i used to install Adobe products that supports the arabic language I noticed this problem. The CPU halts up to 50% only when you start up the app and each file will increase the usage of the memory and the CPU specially for those file like JavaScript and remote files like the one you call from a CDN. So When i used to install the version that does not support arabic and complex writing languages everything was fine even if you have the related files on. I think technically that it is not about related files, caching and the shit that ADOBE says. Its byeond that. So if you wan t to prove it uninstall your current version of Dreamweaver and install the CS5.5 for instance that does not support arabic and complex languages and you will notice that everything will be working fine even if you have related files and caching on. A lot of people will start to make a show with their Specs and I would like to say that maybe I am the ugliest of all of you when it comes to the specs. My Processor is Dual Core and I am running on a 3GB of Ram with Windows 8. So imagine it. I don't really know why the guys at Adobe does not care about thier customers. Why don't they develope a better solution than advicing with some rubish. I hope you got me all of you and sorry if my english is not that good

Foxy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

Iam having the same problem. My computer have:
Motherboard: asus p6t ws professional

Processor: core i7 950 @ 3.07 ghz

Memory RAM: DDR3 12gb

Video card: 1 gb ddr5

windows 7 x64

I try other step's for cs5, but nothink work to cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I already found out what the problem is the excessive use of processor.
All people who are using pirated version of adobe CS6 have this problem.
Or you install it with your own hand or you deceived by your computer technician.

Please buy the original version (very expensive, but buy).

...iam a poor man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are looking in to this issue right now. Please respond back if you have installed Non-English version of Dreamweaver CS6 in your machine? If yes, please mention the language pack that you have installed.

Regards,

Janaki L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Janaki,

Thanks for your response, its nice to see that Adobe's team is trying to search & fix the cause of this problem.

As i told before in my previous post (May 17, 2012 1:32 PM), my version is CS6 v12.0 build 5808, and here are the requested additional informations:

• Language: Non-English version
  • Language pack: Hungarian (just as the OS's language)

Interesting thing is - as i can see -, everyone who posted a reply here has Windows 7 OS installed - maybe XP users are not affected by this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response!

Please do let us know the size of your monitor and its display resolution settings. Share the details even if you have more than one monitor.

Regards,

Janaki L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Single Monitor: 1920x1200 px

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same  CPU problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 3 monitors (I use only one):

- 1920x1200

- 1440X900

- 1280x1024

In all of them  having the same problem with CPU.

my computer have:

- motherboard: asus p6tws professional

- processor: core i7 950 @ 3.07 ghz

- memory RAM: DDR3 12gb

- video card: asus: 1 gb ddr5

- operating system: windows 7 x64

dw cs6 consume 12% of my processor without activity and cs5 0% without activity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Concerning this problem of high CPU consumption, I noticed something curious in dreamweaver CS5.5 and CS6:

- In DW cs5.5, when i'm uploading a website, the consumption of my CPU (Core i7) increases to 12%, the computer fans start to work fast, so this is completely normal. But when you open a menu, such as 'file', consumption goes down completely, even while you're uploading.

- In DW CS6, without doing any activity, CPU consumption rises to the same percentage (12%) like shows in version CS5.5, while upload. When you open a menu in CS6, also the consumption goes down.

Conclusion: Noting that the CS5.5 this is related to upload the file, my question is: Does it have a bug in the system to upload files from DW CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly i can't really see how could the size of the monitor / screen resolution be the source of the problem, but here are my details regarding this topic:

• Resolution: 1280x800 (preferred)
  • Monitor size (notebook): 15,4”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a point of clarification...

If this was a problem of piracy, wouldn't all the programs that use the hacked amtlib.dll have the same problem?

For those people that are having the high cpu issue...

Do you experience it with any other CS6 components?

If not, then I would think that it is a problem with Dreamweaver.

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DW Users,

TWSoftware,

curtStaubach

and

Ldude32

helped us in nailing down one other issue in DW CS6 by joining Adobe Connect session from their machines. With their help we could reproduce that issue at our end. Thanks Guys! We appreciate your help.

But we could not reproduce this High CPU usage when DW is idle. So if users who are facing this issue can join Adobe Connect session, it will be of great help! People who are willing to join Adobe Connect session can directly mail me at jlakshmi_at_adobe_dot_com. We appreciate your cooperation to nail down this issue!

Regards,

Janaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Is it fixed? If so, what update version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines