Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HDS stream reporting wrong duration

May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been testing a HDS solution for our company. I have run into a issue where it only plays 30 mins of a 90 something min movie.

Video Player used to test:  http://www.osmf.org/configurator/fmp

Video Source: http://origin.maturemovievault.com/hds-vod/240P_336K_3076931.mp4.f4m

Duration Reported by f4m file: 5899.0749999999998

As you can see when you first load the file it does infact report the currect duration but when you clock play it switches to 30 min. What would cause this?

-Troy Hammonds

Swiftwill Inc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a missing note I should add that I am using a Interactive License.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i know how did you activate your license? Did you restart your server after you put the key. Just go to Admin Console - > Manage Servers - > License tab and see if you can see Interactive Edition details. Just restart the server and see if you still see the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first setup FMS 4.5 I just did it as Development. After I got things running I saw that the file was limited to 30 min. After some research I notced this was a limitation to FMS Development Server. I proceded to enter in my license# inorder to unlock interactive. I did infact stop FMS and start it back to activate the config change. I did also look a the License tab to verify it shows Interactive as the Edition, 4.5 as the version and Full as the type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have interactive then there should be no issue in playing the whole file. Is it possible for you to pass use the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im sorry I dont follow "pass use the file"? Im aware there shouldnt be a issue but as you can see in the examples of the first post there is. If I use rtmp://208.99.94.94:1935/vod/mp4:240P_336K_3076931.mp4 as url I get the full duration. Is there something cached maybe with the f4m that I need to clear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines