I think the problem is that you specified a subscription Product ID for the folio in Folio Producer. This is a little confusing because Apple has you create two types of Product IDs -- one type for retail folios and one type for subscription durations. You specify the Apple Product IDs for retail folios in Folio Producer, and you specify the subscription Product IDs in Viewer Builder. In your case, your folios are free, but since you specified a Product ID that matches something on the Apple side, the viewer is probably blocking it from appearing. That's my guess. For subscription Product IDs -- both free and retail -- you specify the Product ID in Viewer Builder, not in Folio Producer.
Unpublish (remove) your folio, and then publish it again. This time, use a Product ID that doesn't match any of the Product IDs you create in iTunes Connect. Then rebuild your app and test it again. Let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the response Bob. You're right, this is a little confusing. I am going to change the product ID in Folio Producer and see if it will populate inside the app.
Where i get really confused is when signed into iTunesConnect and go into Manage Apps and set up the subscriptions... Apple asks for a product ID there, is that the product ID i apply to the app in Viewer Builder or the product ID of the content in Folio Producer?
I will keep you posted Bob!
I think I’m still confused. I don’t think I resubmitted it correctly. This whole Newsstand and Free-Subscriptions thing is very confusing.
Okay, here is what I did.
· Changed the product ID on the folio in Folio Producer. This then allowed the content to come into the app on my iPad in Newsstand.
· I logged into iTunesConnect and set up my account so that I could resubmit the binary.
· Got an error message in Application Loader saying something about Newsstand being enabled and it not finding an appropriate in-app purchase set up… or something along those lines.
· I went back into iTunesConnect, clicked on Manage In-App Purchases
· I could then see that my previous in-app purchase was rejected.
· So I deleted that one and created a new one. Tried using the same product ID of the previous in-app purchase, but it wouldn’t allow it.
· That seemed to go okay. Got a screen showing my in-app purchase with a check box next to it.
· I clicked the check box, then the submit button became active. It stated that in order to submit the in-app purchase, you must have an app ready for it.
· But since I didn’t resubmit the new binary, I didn’t submit the in-app purchase for review.
· SO…. I went back to Application Loader and tried to resubmit my app. It worked this time. The binary was received okay by iTunes.
· But then I went back into iTunesConnect and back into Manage In-App Purchases and the option for submitting my in-app purchase was no longer there. But it still has a yellow dot next it saying “Ready to Submit”
· But I can’t submit it.
· AND… my previous in-app purchase I had set up prior to it being rejected appeared and it says ACTIVE next to it.
I am soooooo confused.
Hi Bob, my app was rejected:
We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad running iOS 5.1.1, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.
After purchasing the subscription, the magazine does not start to download. If the user taps on the mag, s/he is prompt to purchase the mag as a single issue.
Here are the step to reproduce the bug:
1- Launch application
2- Tap Subscribe
3- Complete purchase process
Result: The magazine is not downloaded. If the user taps on the mag, s/he is prompts to purchase the mag again.
I have three in app purchase Auto-Renewable Subscription in itunes connect:
And non consumable: tv.mediavista.dlatinos.may2012
In Folio producer the product id is tv.mediavista.dlatinos.may2012
do you have an idea what could be ? Thanks !
Same issue here.
App was rejected due to the following reason:
"When the app is launched on iPad (3rd Gen), an activity indicator is displayed indefinitely and no content is loaded. We've added one or more screenshots for your reference."
(the screenshot shows the empty library screen with the "Updating Library..." indicator)
The client has 3 published folios. 1 free folio with the Product ID com.xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.demo (there's no such Product ID set in iTunes Connect) and 2 retail folios with Product IDs that exactly match those set for the In-App Purchases.
In the developer app, everything runs fine. The library items are loaded and all functions perform correctly (downloading, subscription, archiving...).
Also, we didn't have this problem with previous builds (v18 and v19) which were rejected due to objectionable content. Problems started with a new build of v19 generated and submitted on May 1st.
The client wants to KILL me!!!
BTW, a non-Newsstand v20 App was approved on 1st time.
Bob Bringhurst wrote:
Do any of your non-rendition folios share the same Product ID? Do any of your folios have the same name?
The account contains 4 folios. 3 published and 1 in the making.
All 4 folio names are different (XxxxxXxxxDemo, XxxxxXxxx20, XxxxxXxxx21, and XxxxxXxxx22).
All 4 publication names are different (XxxxxXxxx, XxxxxXxxx 20 | March 2012, XxxxxXxxx 21 | April 2012, and XxxxxXxxx 22 | May 2012).
All 4 folio numbers are different and are in Hebrew.
The Product IDs of the 3 published folios are different (com.xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.demo, com.xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.issue20, and com.xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.issue 21).
I tested the developer app on 5 different iPads (Gen 1 to 3) and wasn't able to reproduce the problem.