• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicast Stream stop after 10 minutes (FMS 4.5)

New Here ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Flash Media Development Server 4.5.

And I'm doing some testing for a multicast stream (IP multicast). After 10 minutes it stream stops until I restart the application.

I know that before release 4.5 the limit of multicast was 10 minutes but after 4.5 release , 'the limit' is 30 minutes. So I guess that is another problem. I followed the standard procedure described here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/devguide/WS7812b00092aae0dc-2829dcd012a54a3ed1a-8000.ht...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We never changed RTMFP limit. It was and it still is 10 minutes. When you say after 4.5 release - it was 30 minutes - which 4.5 release are you talking (because 4.5 is our last major release and we have just made 2 dot releases of 4.5 i.e. 4.5.1 & 4.5.2 - both of which dont have any licensing changes when it comes to Multicast timeout). Can you point to me any document where it says its changed to 30 minutes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this document

http://www.adobe.com/products/flash-media-server-family/buying-guide-comparison.html

seems that flash media server 4.5 Flash Media Development Server 4.5 has ip

multicast limit to 30 minutes.

Regards

Dario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a wrong info - i'll get that corrected. Sorry for miscommunication from our end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok no problem.

an other question -> Flash media interactive 4.5 can run on Windows XP OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see any reason why it should not run - but its not supported platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! I have same problem when using multicast, it limit 10 minutes, not 30 minutes on http://www.adobe.com/products/flash-media-server-family/buying-guide-c omparison.html.  Thanks for your topic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw this problem too. So can I get serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines