Ok, The device UUID is in the provisioning profile as I just checked
I'm testing on an IPad2 and IPhone 4
I revoked the first certificate I did and re did it making sure I covered each step correctly and did so.
At first I thought it may have been something in the.as file but as mentioned the Flash checks out thru the adl and I have no errors in debugging.
Then I changed the pref in the AIR publishing to pub for IPhone, saved and got the same error on there.
Just to double check I did a second fla with just an image, no actionscript. Tried to drag that to the Ipad and I got the same thing so thats where Iam.
When you write app discriptor do you mean the description in the app id?
Is this what you mean?
Looking to get this resolved, thx for the reply.
targeting IPhone using AIR for IOS
here is the xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- To localize the description, use the following format for the description element.
<text xml:lang="en">English App description goes here</text>
<text xml:lang="fr">French App description goes here</text>
<text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App description goes here</text>
<!-- To localize the name, use the following format for the name element.
<text xml:lang="en">English App name goes here</text>
<text xml:lang="fr">French App name goes here</text>
<text xml:lang="ja">Japanese App name goes here</text>
It's not getting as far as your code - it's the provisioning profile and build. I had the same problem - installed on iPad 2 and iPhone 4, but not a 4S until the icons were available.
Instead of iTunes, deploy your App using TestFlight - that will make sure you have the correct devices UDID's in your provisioning profile.
Just register and upload your build - ignore all the 'SDK' stuff.
Think the URL is testflightapp.com
I'm going to look into testflight but n the meantime please direct me to a video which has the complete instructions on how do deploy apps from Flash CS5.5 to AIR and then test in IPad / IPhone. I'm looking at a video from Lynda.com which is telling me to use an asterisk in the app name and this may be the problem as my certificate, converting to p12 and device ID's are all good so it has to be something I'm doing in the provisioning profile .
I don't use an asterisk in the app name.
I'm using Flash Develop on Windows, and building my .ipa's using the command line adt command.
I don't know what hardware you're using, but I followed this:
Ok found my problem, in the app id I used a reverse url then an asterisk which allows me to change the name of the app without writing a new prov profile. I did this but before the asterisk there needed to be a (.) and I caught this after watching the vid another 3 x
finally done and can put this behind me!
there is a god!