Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index working only partially in Chrome and not at all in Safari

May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The online help I created for my client using RoboHelp 9 works perfectly and looks great in IE and Firefox (viewing it from my client's web server). However, in Chrome and Safari, the Index portion of the online help is not functioning correctly, and we need it to be. (The Table of Contents, Search and Glossary are all functioning just fine in all 4 browsers, though.)

Specifically, in Chrome, all the index keywords display, and when you click on one that is linked to a topic, the topic appears as it should. However, when you click on an index keyword term that is linked to more than one topic what is supposed to happen is that a pop-up box appears giving the user a choice of topics to choose from. What actually happens is nothing.

In Safari, all the index keywords display but nothing happens when you click on one. In addition, in Safari, the bullets are different and the bullet text is mis-aligned (formatting issue).

How can I get the Index working properly in Chrome and Safari? Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just verified the same results. Chrome is supported so I have to conclude that is a bug.

Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

Safari is supported on MACs but not PCs. Nonetheless include that in your bug report.

Bullets need to be defined in a specific way. See Lists on my site. Any questions then please start a separate thread in the RoboHelp HTML forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Peter! I really appreciate it. I will follow your suggestions. (By the way, I viewed the online help in Safari from a Mac. The Index still didn't work at all.)

Take care, Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope you reported that it failed on Safari (no pun intended) on a MAC as that is supported and I rather suspect fixing it there will fix it on a PC too.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp