• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android package contents in Flash Builder 4.5 : file list doesn't update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep hitting what looks like a bug in Flash Builder 4.5, and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it or can help me find a workaround.

The problem occurs when I choose Export Release Build... and try to build an APK for Android. In the second screen of the wizard, under the Package Contents tab, there's a file list and you're supposed to select the files you want in the package. Simple enough. The problem is that this file list does not consistently reflect updates to the project file structure. So I usually see an outdated file list, which might or might not have all the files I actually need to put into the package.

There doesn't seem to be a way to force the wizard to rescan the project and rebuild this list. I've tried restarting Flash Builder, deleting bin-release-temp, cleaning all projects, and a few other things besides. So far nothing works. (The Flash view always picks up my changes within a few seconds.)

It seems like my only option is to use the command-line compiler. Not the end of the world, but I'd rather that the wizard just do what it's supposed to do.

Anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2011 Oct 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this recently - I realized that I was trying to add files that existed in the output folder, but FB is looking at your source folders to scan for available files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked, but that doesn't seem to be the problem in my case. I've attached a screen shot showing the problem – the list of source files in the Flash view doesn't match the list of source files in the Export Release Build wizard. The red boxes highlight one of the areas where they differ.

The file I want to include is StagesLoader/assets/game/assets.swf. (The directory StagesLoader/assets is included into the project as a separate source path.) As you can see, the "rooms" folder in that directory is available in the export wizard, but "assets.swf" is not.

export_release_build_missing_files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd just like to say that almost nearly 2 years later this bug continues to happen even with Flash Builder 4.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, still not fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, still not fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this up.

The bug is Export release build  page does not list the files correctly that it is packaging.

We have filled this bug.

Regards,

Brijesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anything going to be done about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we able to view this bug report anywhere? Perhaps we could at least vote for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I don't know if it is relevant or not but I'm using tortise SVN. I noticed I had an un-versioned directory named "bin-release-temp" that didn't have my missing assets/images direcories in it. I did an SVN export of the missing files to the bin-release-temp directory an viola, the missing directories showed in the package list and were compiled into the APK I was building. HTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ex Malterra's work around was the only thing that would work for me on Flash Builder 4.6.  I had to go through the Export Release Build process, but stop when it came time to selecting the Package Contents.  I then clicked cancel, and found the "bin-release-temp" directory (a sibling of the src and bin-debug directories).  I then copied the missing assets to their correct places in the bin-release-temp directory.  This bug really needs to be fixed.  I looked through JIRA but could not find the bug that BrijeshP stated was filed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow thanks, I was going crazy until I manually put the missing file in bin-release-temp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was going crayz after put the missing file in bin-release- temp,and start export ,and after a few mins, ipa don't come out ,no tip, and the bin-release-temp was delete.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also if you notice folders listed in this list that are no longer in your project, I found that deleting the bin-debug folder fixed this. You would think that a project clean would do this automatically, but it does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same problem also with building for Apple iOS! As a workaround I have to manually copy the files from the bin-debug folder to the bin-release-temp folder. Then select Keep bin-release-temp folder within Export Release Build window and select the resources I want to export. Can anyone confirm this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and using the workarounds mentioned. Adobe...will this ever be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue is still existing.
Only workaround is to manually copy the missing files to the bin-debug-temp folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines