Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 11 automation support with HP QuickTest Professional

New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work for an HP software partner and I have a customer who has upgraded to Flash 11 several weeks ago. In their testing environment, they utilize HP's Functional Testing solution QuickTest Professional to automate their application.

I wanted to know if Flash 11 support will be rolled-out for QTP soon? If possible, it would be great to know an approximate timeframe when the support will be available?

I have tried calling Adobe Help at 1888-833-6687 but haven't been able to find a response. I have also inquired about this with HP many times but they've asked me to post a question here or contact support as the add-in for QuickTest is developed by Adobe: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Flex/4.0/TestingQTP/flex_4.0_testingqtp.pd f

Your advise would highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anshoo

PS. I opened a thread here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4392010#4392010 but not sure if I am in the correct place. I do not have access to post in the Flash 11.0 forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshoo9,

I'm not familiar with this product, but it sounds like this question should be posed to HP as they maintain QTP.  Is there a reason you believe Adobe should be responsible for this task?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, Thanks for your response.

To answer your question, I did contact HP first but I was told that since the SDK is developed by Adobe (and so is the QTP toolkit), I must contact Adobe for this. Below is HP's response:

There is actually a Flex Add-in, we don’t have documentation if this support Flash 11 since this Add-in was developed by Adobe. That is a third party add-in, because of that we don’t provide support for that Add-in.

If you want to request a new release support in this case (Flash 11) You can Contact Adobe and request it, since they are in charge of the development of the flex add-in.

Here is a link related to testing ADOBE® FLEX® 4 Applications withHP QuickTest Professional

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Flex/4.0/TestingQTP/flex_4.0_testingqtp.pdf

I have been trying to get in touch with someone but to no avail. I called Adobe's customer service and they ensured me a call back with the details but its been many days, no response yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I'll ask around and see if I can get a contact internally that knows about this.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I manage the Adobe Flex SDK. The QTP Automation support is built via the Flex SDK and is supported for all Flex SDKs that are supported on Flash Player 11 or newer. You can find the system requirements for Flex SDK at http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/tech-specs.html.

Is there a specific issue that you are seeing or do you just need a statement of support?

Thanks

Arijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris and Arijit, thanks for the response. I am going to forward this information to my customer and request them to install the most recent SDK and test against Flash. I will update you soon, however I am hoping from your statement that this should work.

-Anshoo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines