Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not displaying in FireFox 7 via Apache

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If I access the webhelp internally (not via Appache) the TOC is displayed OK, but externally (via Apache) it isn't. I'm using Robohelp 8.0.2 -  WebHelp-Pro

I compare calls using FireBug I notice that the internal request is loading whlang.js and whtopic.js and whtoc.xml but when accessing externally I don't see this requests. 

Any ideas RoboHelp is not looking for these files?

Thanks

A

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2011 Oct 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp Pro requires RoboHelp Server. Is that installed on the server? If not you need WebHelp, not WebHelp Pro.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Apologies for the late response.

We don't use the Robohelp server, becuase we use the context sensitive help so we lunch the htm via the script RoboHelp_CSH.js within our own web application.

I notice now that with FireFox 12, the help doesn't even lunch if accessing thru Apache to the web application. Any idea?

Thanks

Ana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not using RoboHelp Server, you already have my answer. You need to generate WebHelp, not WebHelp Pro.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, thanks for your feedback, I tried with Webhelp, but I get the same error, the TOC doesn't display if accessing via Apache, and I continue to see some missing requests like attempting to get

whlang.js and whtopic.js and whtoc.xml

Regards

Ana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not Peter, but I hope he’ll forgive me for jumping in.

Are you sure that you have copied all files to the server? Are the missing files present in the RoboHelp output directory? Did you check ‘Use lower case for file names’ in your SSL settings? Unix machines may need this option checked to work correctly.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

And I too hope that Willam and Peter will forgive me for popping in.

Peter told you that you need to be creating WebHelp, not WebHelp Pro as you initially stated. By reading this, I'm comiing to the conclusion that you believe you must create WebHelp Pro because you are using the RoboHelp_CSH file.

"We don't use the Robohelp server, becuase we use the context sensitive help so we lunch the htm via the script RoboHelp_CSH.js within our own web application."

The thing is, if you are still outputting as WebHelp Pro, you are getting a *DIFFERENT* set of output files that are coded specifically to work within the unique environment that the RoboHelp Server provides. This would explain why the calls aren't being made as expected.

I could be wrong on this but I don't believe I am. If so, one of the others will surely set me straight. You need to generate your output as WebHelp, NOT WebHelp Pro, then publish that set of files to the server. And the RoboHelp_CSH file will happily use the new set of files. (assuming, of course, that all mappings are correctly set)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. No law against me jumping into this fray 🙂

Like Rick, it's still unclear if the "Apache" Server is the Apache Tomcat Server and happens to have RoboHelp Server installed on it. You can have CSH delivered by the RoboHelp Server, that's for sure.

It's not clear whether you are or not, but if you are definitely using RoboHelp Server, there is a certain syntax for calling the WebHelp Pro that is different than calling plain WebHelp.

See: Call a context-sensitive function for WebHelp Pro on this page of the online help:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11aff59c571-7f40.html

That page also has good information for all flavors of CSH.

Regardless, Anadublin, post more info and we'll try to help.

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments, just to clarify, Robohelp Server is not installed at all. 

After Peter comment I stated using  generate with WebHelp instead of WebHelp Pro, but this make no difference to my problem.

the web application runs on Weblogic, If I access the web app using FireFox directly to weblogic I get the TOC (as Table of Content), if I access weblogic via Apache Tomcat Server I don't get the TOC.

So far debugging the javascirpts I found that

whthost.js

in the function loadToc()

if (SendMessage(oResMsg)&&oResMsg.oParam), this evaluates false hence the TOC is not loaded.

the same if evalutes true if accessing directly to app in weblogic

Thanks

Ana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't help with what you have posted but see if Item 6 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#webhelp helps.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp