• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DisableProductDownload seems not to work

May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been asked to block the installation of the Adobe Connect Add-in for security reasons and I am looking into the below configuration option posted on the Flash Player Administration Guide.

DisableProductDownload

DisableProductDownload = [ 0, 1 ] (0 = false, 1 = true)

If this value is set to 0 (the default), Flash Player can install native code applications that are digitally signed and delivered by Adobe. Adobe uses this capability to deliver Flash Player updates through the developer-initiated Express Install process, and to deliver the Adobe Acrobat Connect screen-sharing functionality. If this value is set to 1, these capabilities are disabled.

I used this feature with Adobe Flash Player 10.3 and tried installing the add-in from Step 4 HERE and it worked.

I was expecting the download to fail since DisableProductDownload was set to 1.

Is Adobe Connect Add-in not a product by Adobe? Is the documentation incorrect? What am I missing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you create a bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  It appears that DisableProductDownload might be broken.  Please post back with the bug number so that others impacted can add their votes and comments.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I have filed a bug report as requeted.

Adobe Flash Player 10.3  -  Bug 3195002

I hope this feature gets corrected soon, considering the ammount of security vulnerabilities identified in periodically in Flash Player, this would really help to mitigate some risks.

Thanks again

Ernesto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ernesto.  I'd like to encorage anyone affected by this issue to take a minute and cast a vote for this bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines