• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Video woes.

May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have recently determined that I am unable to play video on Flash.  This occurs across many websites.  My computer

Power Mac G5 Tower (8 core, lot'o'RAM)

Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6.8)

I have downloaded and intstalled the latest version of Flash.  Unintstalled, reinstalled it, tried installing a legacy version.  Rebooted, reinstalled my browsers etc,.   Across all three of my browsers- Chrome, Safari, Firefox) I can see flash interactive content (and the the "flash is installed" graphic on the adobe Flash page), but once I try to play a video, I get a "spinning blue circle of anticpation" thingie- and no video ever comes up.

I have done as suggested and turned off hardware acceleration, turned on "allow 3rd party..." etc,. and done a scad of other things in the "Global Settings", all to no avail.

Here is an example of a website with a flash video that I cannot play.  It is the Second video on this page (the first, a YouTube video plays just fine.)

http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=8173

Ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you're running a PowerPC based system, you'll definitely want to have the following version of Flash Player installed.

What version of Flash Player should I use with my Power PC based Mac?

However, I suspect you're running into problems with content providers blocking playback on this older version.  Unfortunately, I don't have any official good news to give you.  The version of Flash that supports PowerPC is no longer supported.  Unofficially, some members of the public have been able to work around this problem.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4065402#4065402

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed the letter of the intructions exactly, twice, to no avail.  Still no video.   Interactive content, yes, but no video.   I even tried installing the latest version of flash afterwards.  No luck.

Would someone else with a PowerPC Mac and flash give the linked video above a try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines