• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get tapered brushes in cs5 photoshop

May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have cs5 photoshop and it seems to have a very limited amount of brush styles. Other people with cs5 have a large range of standard styles. I am just after the standard tapered end brush (tapered on both ends)

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually you get those tapered ends by either using a tablet with pen pressure on for size or using the stroke paths option with pen pressure checked (pen pressure enabled in the brush panel and in the stroke path dialog)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What R.Kelly said - get a tablet and your brush options will multipoly by a factor of 10. Otehr than that check the brush panel. You can assign simple opacity and size fades to standard brushes as well.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would a caligraphy type brush be of any help?  Set the roundness to about 10%, and angle to something like 15% to 25%.  It would give you tapered ends to your strokes, but would vary size with direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Im using an Intuos 4 tablet. I did what you said R.Kelly and it

worked a treat. I haven't got that many more brushes then normal just got

tapered ends which is what I want for rendering. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only want to taper your brush at one end you will want to go to the brush panel and select shape dynamics. There is a Fade option under size jitter that will taper the brush at one end. You will want to play with the amount by typing in different values. Pressure sensitve tablet is the way to go other than that.

There are ways to "Simulate Pen Pressure" in photoshop using paths but it is a rather exhausting process to do it over and over again.

Check out the new "Brush Pose" options in CS6 to simulate pressure using a mouse! I have not played with it that much but I have heard that is something it can do. It is also located in the brush panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R_Kelly I'm working in CS6 and can't seem to find exactly where to enable the pen pressure and stroke paths dialog. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window>Brush, click on the words Shape Dynamics and then select Pen Pressure for the Control under Size Jitter.

In the Paths panel (Window>Paths), right click on the path and select Stroke Path.

In the Stroke Path dialog check Simulate Pressure.

pp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent, thanks! Works like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines