• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

certain flash movies will not play - including Adobe TV movies with Dreamweaver tutorials

Feb 26, 2010 Feb 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For months, certain .swf movies will not play.  No error, won't even load the player.  I thought it was because of IE8 which I installed several months ago.  Now I loaded Firefox and Opera and the movies still do not play in those browsers either.  At least I get an error message "TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference".

I have newly installed Dreamweaver CS4 and when I launch it, there are links to Adobe TV videos.  These will not play.  Here is an example of a video that will not play: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/inside-the-dreamlabs/dreamweaver-cs4-live-preview/

I have googled the error but the results seem to be developers talking about code in Action Script 3.

Can someone please help?  I have spent hours trying to get this resolved.

My Flash Player version is 10,0,45,2 and I had the issue when I was at 10,0,32 whatever as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual has no response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is more than two years old!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya, it's a very old post.  This forum actually has a very high response rate (more than 90%+) thanks to people like Pat, Carl and Xircal who volunteer their time and knowledge to help the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines