• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum feedback

Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not read any of the other posts here, and I'm sure many of these things have already been addressed by others... My comments are coming from my background in design and web production.

I'm a frequent(?) user on the PrPro forums, and have been frustrated by some of the changes. I'll start off by saying that the forums were awful before, and some of the changes have indeed been welcome. However, there are some issues, too.

First, (and this extends to the entire Adobe website), you need to change the font used on the website and the forum. It's so thin and spidery that it makes reading text very difficult. On the forum side, the not-quite-black text on the gray background is very tiring on the eyes to read. If you're going to go with a grey background, you need a truly black text. If you're going white or a yellow-white, you can go with the slight gray over the black.

I really miss seeing the post counts next to user's names... it's helpful in weeding out the serious posters vs. the folks who just like to spout stuff.

Also need more distinction between lines of posts in the indexes. Alternate the table row lines or something, cause all one color as it is, especially with the bad fonts, makes it really hard to keep track of what's where.

There are a lot more issues, but I'm sure others have hit on them, and these are the biggest problems that I see.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I've not read any of the other posts here

Too bad... there is a LONG message thread at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/999431 talking about the recent forum changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidbeisner2010 wrote:

I really miss seeing the post counts next to user's names...

Known issue.

See item #1

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/999431

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

While I have not charted your tenure here (I am not the "stalker," that John T. might paint me), you missed the "good old days." However, those are now history.

You came around, about the middle of the Jive "revolution," and managed to get by, plus contribute greatly, to various product forums. [Thank you for that.]

Now, we are all in the same boat, and someone grabbed the helm, and has run us into the rocks.

There ARE many threads, similar to yours here, in various product forums, and even a few in the Video Lounge.

We are now part of a "social media" experiment, and it is not going well. There are "bells and whistles," lifted from Face Book (look where that is going), but nothing useful has been added, IMHO. Everything is much harder.

I have been around the Adobe forums, from when they were ONLY NNTP, and cannot recall a time, when things were this bad. Even when they went to HTTP only, things were still good, once some of the "old-timers" got their footing. Right now, it's like trying to run on "black ice," wearing leather-sole shoes.

Do not give up all hope. Many are working to get things working, but the going has been very slow.

Your input is greatly appreciated, and your comments respected. I wish that I could guarantee that things will get better, but I cannot. However, there ARE people working to improve things.

This "stuff" was engineered by 12 year olds, who only know social media, and nothing else. They attach value to things, with no value, but they seem cool, so they implemened them.

I feel your pain, and the best that I can offer is, declare "Wine-Thirty" a bit early, every day, until things get sorted out.

Good luck, and try to stick around. As they say, "this too shall pass."

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>(I am not the "stalker," that John T. might paint me)

Now I am confused... I thought you said I was stalking YOU !?!?!?

Let's just say we both enjoy full bodied red wine, and I will tilt a glass in your direction this evening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My toast is for the success of the repairs... and for the hope that they are not all we'll get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I agree. I feel that things are getting "better," and just hope that this is not "as good as it gets."

I need to pop the cork on a Casablanca Valley white, and point the glass toward the South.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks very, very nice with my additionally blocked items now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you done that?

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By blocking unwanted elements with AdBblock PLus, by running a few scripts through Stylish, and another Firefox Add-On called No Color, which can be toggled on or off at will with a single click of a button on the status bar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines