• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture uploader question

Participant ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the midst of adding an image uploader for my members. Basically it's similar to what Facebook does. How do I achieve this? I'd tried to add the uploader in the web forms but it's obligating me to use some of the other features. I just want the uploader to add the image to that particular area that I have set up. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not create a file and image uploader like facebook on this platform. All you can do is have a web form with file upload which attaches the file to a case.

If you use web apps and the add form then the file will be stored in a folder you specify when you built the web app. This is still only through an update/add web app item form though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? So there's really no way for a member to have/add a profile image aka avatar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a custom CRM field for that, have that as a file upload and when you set up the Extended CRM group allow file upload and specify the folder. Then on the add/update web app item form you have that field to upload the image. You can then use the module to render that out when they are logged into their secure area.

You will not be able to have the options, controls etc you do on facebook or get it to do anything fancy as you need sever side elements coupled with Javascript to do that stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it. My only concern is just being to have the members add and delete images to their avatar when they want to as well as have a gallery/portfolio where the member is able to do the samething. upload/edit etc. That's basically it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines