Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation Help

May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow I have both Adobe Flash Player 11 plugin 64-bit and Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X 64-bit and my computer isn't working right.  I also have Adobe Reader X (10.1.3)   For instance, I often go to Dictionary.com and work the Daily Crossword.  Now, however, I can't access the crossword because each time I attempt, Adobe breaks in asking for authority to modify my computer and then installs flash player, then its back to the crossword, where I am again interrupted with a request to allow Adobe to modify my computer.  Quite frankly, I am lost.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest starting with a clean install.  Here's a FAQ that will walk you through the process:

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, I found my way to the Adobe site in regard to fixing errors in installation and have gone through this whole process, to no avail.  I did the clean install, booted the machine, and the next flash page I visited would not play.  Instead, I get the Adobe logo.  Frankly, I am at a loss.

Thanks for your input.

DonnaTippetts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

donnatippetts wrote:

Instead, I get the Adobe logo.

Can you post a link where this occurs?  Or possibly a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Pat, I am so grateful to those of you who answered my inquiry.  I was so frustrated that I performed a restore to a point one week ago.   Now, I don't know how to do a screen shot and the instructions were too difficult to follow on short notice, so I typed the following message from a message box that popped up:

"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\Flash32_11_2_202_235.ocx is

either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try

installing the program again using the original installation media or

contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

So by then, I thought it was never going to work again.  However, when I went back to my web page and called up a video, it worked perfectly, as did the Dictionary.com daily puzzle, which is where all this started.

So it appears all is okay for the moment.  Thank you so very much for responding.

Donna Tippetts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good that the System Restore restored Flash Player to a working tool.

donnatippetts wrote:

"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\Flash32_11_2_202_235.ocx is

either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try

installing the program again using the original installation media or

contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

That is a very unusual message; I have never seen it before.  Most likely something during the install went wrong.

Once you have some free time at your hand, can you try installing 11.2.202.235 again?  Use the clean install method as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315, then download and run the offline installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#install_in_a_...

Are you using Windows 7?

To take a screenshot on Windows 7, use the Snipping tool from the Start menu; see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/snipping-tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines