Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command Line and Resource Manager

May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the command line to compile a Robohelp project, is there a way to update the shared resources within the project before generation?

For example, say you have Project1 and it is using snippet1 in that project. However, snippet1 has been modified in the resource manager (just say, for argument's sake, that snippet1 is also used in Project2, and you modified the snippet there and synced it to the resource manager). When you do a regular command line compile, the snippet is not updated.

Is there a way to sync the snippets and images from the resource manager in the project before doing the command line compile (other than opening the project and syncing manually)? After all, if I have to open the project, there's no reason to command line compile since I'm already there and can just compile it from the project.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

I found a way around this!

Robohelp doesn't care whether the files are updated through the application or through Windows Explorer (such as by copying the most recent file to the project's folder).

I created a simple batch file that copies and replaces any file that is older than the file located in the resource manager. This allows Robohelp to pull in the updated files during a command line compile. There's always a way!

However, I found something problematic with the command line compile. I start

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is possible as, correct me if I am wrong, even within RoboHelp the images don't get updated automatically. It's something you have to do.

It's a good point though so I suggest submitting a feature request.

The more people who request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing there isn't even a script that could be set up to sync the projects before compile? That's rather limiting, then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot advise on whether a script would help here.

However, Adobe have confirmed to me that whilst in RoboHelp you can set things up to prompt you that stuff is out of sync, auto-update is currently not a command line option.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a way around this!

Robohelp doesn't care whether the files are updated through the application or through Windows Explorer (such as by copying the most recent file to the project's folder).

I created a simple batch file that copies and replaces any file that is older than the file located in the resource manager. This allows Robohelp to pull in the updated files during a command line compile. There's always a way!

However, I found something problematic with the command line compile. I started a new thread to ask about that.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1011261

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp