25 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2012 2:55 AM by MarioMari RSS

CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

MarioMari Community Member

... when designing the the required option...

To see the effect you need to click on the picture because the forum in this view off the block GIF animation.

ai_tool_04.gif

I will add that it is very alignment tools in the toolbar toview a very good and I awaited feature. However, itsinclusion causes more trouble than not ...

• 1. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

Is there anyone who is interested in it?

• 2. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...
            Monika Gause MVP

I don't get your point.

And as always: this is a user-to-user-forum. Most people here may not be able to answer the question as you put it.

• 3. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

Monica, can you share my point of view as you set the tools as the image and then open new documents, fit to window and edit groups such as... Is my question is this weird?

Monika Illustartor create daily or learning Illustartora do you do? It makes a big difference in the assessment of the functionality of more complex techniques of working with Illustartor. Perhaps this is why you do not notice the problem reported?

I work in it so many years that whose like I was losing my own, but rather like my hand has long since stopped growing long ago.

Monika... sorry maybe I'm a mischievous but really fighting for their utility but I am afraid that I'm naive...

• 4. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

But many can answer whether it is satisfied with the changes that were introduced in AI CS6 64 bit?

• 5. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

Another question.

Getting simple information on the number of selected objects and other details.

I often use information from this palette. But I have too little space on the screen because a lot of pallets must be displayed at once.

How can I turn off the display of information that do not relate to the selected obiect  and quickly find the information I need? Perhaps even possible to darken the subtitles unused attributes?

I sincerely appreciate the advice.

Info.png

• 6. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...
                    Monika Gause MVP

art.Mariusz wrote:

Monica, can you share my point of view as you set the tools as the image and then open new documents, fit to window and edit groups such as... Is my question is this weird?

I don't understand what you want to tell me.

art.Mariusz wrote:

Monika Illustartor create daily or learning Illustartora do you do?

I don't understand this either. Do you perhaps want to know my level of knowledge in Illustrator?

Read my posts in this forum.

• 7. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

Sorry for my english.

ad.1.

You can understand my point. Set the tool as shown on my screen. This cool feature for me, I waited for her. But there is a problem because you can not use it in practice because it obscures the main window icon dokumnetu (eg, maximize the window dokoumentu) and disappears from view information about the object beam. When I try to use it in practice this new opportunity to lay the tools I wonder who it was testing. Great idea, but the execution is a need to understand how to Adobe for the first time formed applications. I have a feeling that no one tested in practice. So my question in the title. I do not know what's going on?

ad.2.

Are you are a wizard, which creates the daily work in Illustartorze whether your focus is the improvement of tool use Illustrator? That is translating into the language of the Adobe human?

Your level of knowledge of Illustrator, it is certainly very high. I ask whether you have experience of working creatively in Illustartor where the work is a lot of motions and amendments before it reaches the final result. Then Illustartor interface turns out to be a stone in the shoe. A pity because so little is missing to make these all the tools together in one beautiful boat to explore the new beautiful things. Illustrator is a synthetic and not very intuitive. I do not understand why no one better. As you can see me, it starts very, very denerwoać. The world is not yet in place ... such stupidity as in the introduction, pick up my strength and desire. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Changing clothes Illustrator is definitely not enough. What is needed is a change of mind.

Not from my side because I gave ilustartor opportunity for many many years.

best regards!

• 8. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...
                        Wade_Zimmerman Community Member

In your first posting all you are showing is that when you hit the minimize maximize button it minimized to the last size you that you resized the window. But in your case it does not show the rest of the window indicating thaat perhaps you have a problem like a corrupt preference.

As far as he panels go the issue was addressed long time ago as you can easily minimize the panels and doc them to the right or left side of the document window.

But the first visual you show in your original post does not happen on my Mac. So you might have an issue.

Asfar as asking a question on the forum and then questioning the person as to their level of experience seems kind of rude to me.

You asked an opinion does not matter how experienced the user is does it that is their opinion.

And if you were really  experience then yo would know even the most inexperience poerson can make insightfful observations and suggestions, which often experience users with their prejudices overlook.

Quite frankly it also seems to me you are complaining about absolutely nothing, of course we all know and agree that Illustrator is far from being a perfect application but CS 6 was well tested and though so far we have noiced a few smll bugs it seems thyat the team testing this product did a very excellent job!

You should be thanking them rather than complaining about what seems to be trivial or non issues.

Trash your preferences and see if that helps. Check out your fonts and clean your font cache. Experienced are you you shoud know all of this.

• 9. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

Ad.1.

I have the settings OK.

To experience this with what I have a problem:

1. Please set the tool palete as in my screenshots

2. CMD + N new dock.

3.  Click on the icon to maximize the window.

4. You disappear from view area icons and open it dokumnetu nesting box describing the object.

Is it a clever solution in such a major software?

Ad.2.

My question to Monica. I'm sorry I did not want to offend anyone. I'm not too cocky. But this is not possible to work with. Theoretically cool new feature suitable for advertising, in practice, which is difficult to use niedoróbka without denerowania during operation. I said this because I wanted to understand why in such a case there is obviously a different point of view?

I apologize again. I love what I do and I have great respect for all who work here.

Ad.3.

"...Absolutely nothing to complain...." — Now, once you write something it trivial? I'm clumsy

Why do you think I do it? I want to help or harm the future of this tool?

I respect the work inserted in Adobe. But what I'm after a new great tools when it all together in your daily work does not work. It's like that every other team did a module, and each of these teams did not like the other and even do them out of spite.

So I feel it in his long standing work with this tool and examples can be multiplied.

Ad.4.

I can quickly calculate the stupidity of which are still in Illustrator and do not change from version CS4.

Can you say what do you appreciate in a new Illustrator?

• 10. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

It does not disappear CS6 it is now loacted under the torn off tools

Screen Shot 2012-05-24 at 1.03.28 PM.png

I think that fact i can do things that cannot be created in C S 6 that are not possible n CS 5 is great.

Ireally like the pattern tool amd Image Trace is a big improvemnt over Live Trace the feture of scrolling through the fonts aand havig live updates on the canvas is cool even though I was against it.

I like that I can rename layers right in the layers panel similar to Photoshp I really like the fact that I can now print to my non postscript inkjet printer and get prefect ptintts with no jagged angled or curved line.I like the idea that i can adjust line weights and other  other such adjustments using the scroll wheel on tthe mouse as well as opacity with the same method and i have live feedback as I make the adjustmenrs.

Those ae some of the things I like.

• 11. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...
                              It does not disappear CS6 it is now loacted under the torn off tools

... no comment

I like that I can rename layers right in the layers panel similar to Photoshp

—  and it was not possible since Ai 8? Do not understand something?

It is good to appreciate what is.

I calculate what is in my opinion you just get on negligence, or is outdated and not suitable for the modern pace of development work?

• 12. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...
                                Kurt Gold Community Member

We are facing some sort of a tragicomedy when Inline editing in panels ( "without using intermediate dialog boxes" (!!) ) is supposed to be one of the top ten enhancements in AI CS6.

Two decades ago, of course, it would have been sensational. But today, in 2012 ?

Well …

• 13. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

In A and CS were introduced very cool options. For example, apperance and dynamic range of information on the object bar. Although wating few years still do not understand why no one can be a simple and prompt manner whatsoever alter the object names?

CS6-name1.png

or this place:

CS6-name2.png

* The new version added option for gradient strokes but I do not know why you can not use gradient tool to strokes?

In addition, when an object has a type of gradient fill I want to edit the gradient stroke is still displayed in this edition of the strip contour gradient fill? It's not you just get a stupid and useless?!

* New option to select objects below by pressing CMD. Great for so many years, so many years .... waiting. But why this option is no longer working on strokes? only for fillings? Zero consequences. Total mess. Hurdles.

* Why can quickly duplicate objects by holding the alt key alt key but I can not duplicate objects from the ALT key while their rotation?

* Not possible to copy objects between individual attributes from a palette of apperance is certainly not the time for creativity and even more performance... not possible to copy objects between individual attributes from a palette of apperance is certainly not the time for creativity and even more productivity at work I. .. in thinking about it from Adobe.

* Tool gradient fill tool, the option to edit the marker color. When I'm in the editing of color and I would intuitively select a color from another object jets are not possible? I have to finish the operation, find the color and add it to the swatches and back again edit the marker in the gradient tool bar?

Whose like a hamster running in its barrel. This is not a serious treatment of a man who works.

* Not to mention that the Actions palette still works lame.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1006530

* Select the font in Illustartor ... continue to do so soon with another separate program. Illustrator will not show you just get the selected text font as a sample visualization as is Corel for 10 years ... Well probably patents. But to brag about in the ad that now preview a font, you can see developing a list of fonts in the Font palette is a slight anachronism ... even compared to MS Word

* Work completely optional linking and managing links. If you want to update missing links to Illustrations just sit and cry.

*** more, more, more...
                                  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/692722?start=0&tstart=0

• 14. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

In my opinion now new versions of Illustrator are not considered. Naming their new version awakens my emotions because I take Adobe and its people seriously. I'm worried that the choice of subscription options further weaken the desire to work and improve Illustrator. At this rate change probably die of old age ...

And how to get here to enjoy the new colors of socks (Ai CS6) when holes in shoes?

Do you think my question is what Adobe thought when creating the tool is really stupid?

After all, it is not fun ...

• 15. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

I see it is not just your english that is in need of improvement. You can watch the video perhaps you will actually learn something if that is possible.

http://www.wadezimmerman.com/videos/RenameLayer.mov

• 16. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

Kurt

I don't agree with this for one thing if you knew about certaain preferencess of the users other than perhaps yourself then you would know what an accomplishment it is to have this feature implemented at all.

It is not that it was no requested many times but there where many users who did not want to change it and I do not think itis condsider one of the top tern features though it is mentioned because for many but not all user it has been a long time coming.

I wrote that I liked it as the question ws put to me, but I can see from your point of view how that might be a problem someone else having a preference other than your own.

But the importance of the feature late to the game or not is so that one can have a visual to comapre how they nmight have name other layers and alter it righ there would out opening the dialog again or knowing up front hay I better use another name I think for many users this is and will helpful especially if the user is importing CAD files made up of many sheets where youwant to name something like it was but you want it tio stand out if you alter an object or a layer.

You would know what I mean if you ever opened CAD file in Illustrator that was not dumbed down.

This might seem simple to explain to toher users how importnt it could be but it is very difficult to explain.

This might now lead to an even better feature connect to this implementation which is the ability to search the layers panel by layer or object name.

If that happens then you will understand why this is a feature better late than never.

• 17. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

Wade, Now I see that you're not kidding...

This is a total farce rather than upgrading from where you can enjoy in 2012 because now you have this job so much more for less money. No fussiness, such a life.

I'm sorry but this is too much for me. This and a comedy drama.

I write about the need for true functionality:

25.png

Look this, see the date of these alerts.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3047080#3047080

I'm sick of those damn palette through which you can not see my work on screen.

A quick example. Control bar control. Why all the functionality of the tranform can be achieved with this bar but Control Panel aligment for two separate option requires you to open the Align palette?

03.jpeg

02.jpeg

When did the control panel apperance and beam pallet with information about the isolated facility, enjoyed as a child. Unfortunately, it seems that Adobe completely different groups doing different tools, and they do not like each other or do not know.

In Illustartor I miss only a consequence of the introduction of new ideas and tools. Now it looks as if Adobe in fear before the start of current customers still tunigowało Ford Model T.  You can not leave the new engine to the old steering wheel and manual wiper.

Adobe Illustrator is a responsible program but it is annoying when you use. Especially, it seems that the only missing the great success of these smart people quit people together with the designer in one room. Give the candy to the agreement and does not release until we simplify the method of achieving the goal by the graphics. Now, instead of enjoying the work of the new tools I feel like a hamster in a barrel.

Please help Adobe to stop thinking of me as a man cave you will enjoy the matches.

I do not speak good English but I do not be stupid. I did not learn English I have to sit at the Illustrator ...

Maybe I am too hard, I use this program but I thought that Adobe was this expected?

Wade. I do not underestimate you. I'm really glad that you have the courage to wait to talk about it.

When I sit down to work with the new Illustrator wonder what Adobe thought when he created ...

Thank you nad Best Reagards for all.

• 18. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

I do not want to discredit know better than other real big professionals but the king is naked. It'll have to speak up. Especially since it is missing, only the optimization techniques work in Illustrator.

• 19. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

I admit that I'm greedy. I can not enjoy the ability to change the name by clicking on its name in 2012 after 24 years of the Illustrator. Illustartor has its drawbacks, it is not perfect but the question is who?

Despite this, I'm sorry when I get to work in another oprogramoowaniu to Illustartora. Perhaps foolishly I use other programs, and hence my excessive demands.

I do not want to do Illustartora Coreal or another program. That would be stupid enough to buy himself when the installation program.

I am not concerned about the effects and techniques of drawing, but please pay special attention to the quality of the refinement of tools in these programs.

I would like you drew attention to the quality of work and the dynamics of creating between Illustrator and the residue of the market. Understand why you talk about changing the name of the layer by clicking on the name is not exciting.

Please note the date:

http://vimeo.com/22883960

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUG3_EVzcI4&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S2M38T7j1k&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EixLxXBpiZQ&feature=related

• 20. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

You're working with an older version of AI

CS 6 you can change directly in the panel.

Screen Shot 2012-05-25 at 4.04.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-05-25 at 4.04.34 AM.png

In the appearance panel it is not necessary o name the group or path as you canonly work on one object or group or layer at a time and can only display one at a time.

The layers panel is bringing you a different function and logistics.

You really have to read the manual.

I think if you have difficulty witht he progrm and how it functions you shoukd realyconsider moving onto other progrms like Inkspace or Corel Draw perhaps they function better for you.

I don't think I can help you any further as you are having difficulties which are difficult to understand or appreciate since they do not actually seem to be problems.

Good luck.

I hope you feel better…about Illustrator!

• 21. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

Yes like in the the first video it points to a very mportant feature for Illustrator the user is not as tied to a panel as it appears in that video. The user has more of a reltionship to the canvas true you have to often use a panel but most of the work is done directly on the canvas as intesresting as those tools may be they lack the tactical dynamics.

Sort of the difference between ppainting by numbers and spending time in a life drawing studio and in the field developing skills and your own way of doing things.

True there are thoings Illustrator does not have but the question is not so much as having them but how do you make them work for an artists or a designer. Usrs who do not expect the program to do the work for them and make the decissions for them.

If you are not of that mind set then I would sayIllustrator is not for you.

Which brings up the question again why are you here?

• 22. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

I watch the second video and that is a joke  going back and forth like that is a bit crazy to say the least most users who come to the forum do not want to go nuts like that that is one not intuitve and asecondkly unless the user has done such a thing k=like that many times before it is going to tke them a long time and of course the person doing the tutorial forgot one important thing when making the rflections they make the reflections the same for all the letters even though the letters were orient in different directions.

That flaw would never sit well with the Illustrator crowd.

It is a very poor tutorial and the prson doing the tutorial shold go to a drawing studio class to get an understand of life around them.

• 23. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

You're working with an older version of AI

Yes, I know.
                                                      I've just test my CS6 to buy it and I have just such tensions. I would like to spend money but do not really know for what ... This is my problem, which manifests itself here.  

And the unfinished new functionality for laying tools in the icon bar, which covers the navigation of the document window? Your advice is that simply do not use this new feature just focus on the positive values of great possibility to change the name by one click ... Think what you could do it sooner if possible Adobe by this action from the palette apperance, Controls or belt, or belt object information in the group.

• 24. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

Referring to your remarks about the film. All you can do the abbreviations ... This is a tutorial. Pay attention to the work of nodes, the dynamics of working with an object, for displaying information about the object, of any ability to configure the toolbar that does not obscure dokumnetu ... Illustartor repeat is a solid program but the tools have someone wet behind the ears and in the end it should be noted at the top of ADOBE.

You appreciate the change in the Layers palette. I refer to the manual because I do not understand what it does wartswy palette. OK.

You realize that the functionality of the Layers palette was of little use for one tiny reason? Ai CS to version 5.5 feature to quickly onalezienia object in the tree layer zniechęcajcego required to click ... only now in version CS6, someone at ADOBE realized at last that the "locate object" should put to the fore as the magnifying glass icon? It is simply not serious.

• 25. Re: CS6 About what Adobe thought when...

Please tell me how often you reach the Layers panel, now when you have a panel apperance, control bar and the bar position information for an object in a group? As it is now often used when the layers palette? She was good in version CS3. 

In my work, very different every day. Now its functions are duplicated in many places. According to me the lack of logic and consistency which interferes with the work of Illustartorem. Wszsytko is like but in practice, you run like crazy after those not cooperating with each other palettes.

For a time I was forced to teach other people Illustrator. It was a horror to explain to people why you can not do it easier. Illustrator is not intuitive and often misleading. You have to devote much more time to learn, not because they have more tools than other programs.

Changes in work organization with the tools Illustartor by me are not consistent and often put into a blind alley.