• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player needs to be reinstalled every day

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific cause, I have found that to view most videos I must reinstall Flash Player every time I start my computer whether I use Firefox or IE. Of course Chrome works always no problems, but it is not my desired browser- that's firefox. Once installed Flash works perfectly. If the computer is shut down, restarted or allowed to sleep, Flash must be reinstalled. I can't find any settings that effect this issue. Very frustratring.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Hi,

Could you please try the steps mentioned in the following post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4323109#4323109

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

If you need more help, please tell us your Windows version & edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the uninstall method (including removing files from the indicated directories) but to no avail. I am running a Dell 8300 PC, i7, 2600 , 12 gb memory with MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please try the steps mentioned in the following post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4323109#4323109

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two days of recycling/rebooting etc and Flash holding solid! Are there any drawbacks to the SuninACL file? Should I expect to see any effects other places because of the changes I performed? I assume future updates will accomplish without incident (?)

Thank you for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be no drawbacks.  For some reason, either a file, folder or registry entry had it's permissions corrupted.  The script fixes this.  As long as whatever broke it in the first place doesn't occur again, you shouldn't have to worry about future updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What about if you tried those steps, and it's still not working?  Have the same issue; flash keeps uninstalling itself, and tried that solution.  Reinstalled flash, said it worked.  Downloaded the thing from Windows, downloaded the attachment and extracted to the same folder, ran it as admin.  Little DOS box seemed to work fine.  Restarted the computer, and yet again, flash is missing.  I get nothing at all when trying to view videos.  Becoming very frustrating!  Using the latest Firefox, Windows Vista (64-bit), and never had issues before.  All was fine till quite recently (past week).  So, what next? 

Edit to add:  Tried, after restarting the computer, to reinstall Flash Player, and no wit won't install AT ALL.  keeps saying it's "already in use", and then trying to open multiple new downloads to install it.  Becoming extremely frustrating.

Have also tried to install an earlier version from the site, but every time I try, I get the messagethat it can't install because it's not the latest version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines