• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a complete project in Robo 9. I want to deploy it as context-sensitive help. How do I do it?

New Here ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a completed HTML help project in Robo 9. I want to deploy it as context-sensitive help. How do I do it? Is there somewhere that has a tutorial for this?

Lee Anne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add CSH to your project, you need to decide how to do it & recompile. See grainge.org for info on CSH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lee Anne

If your project hasn't been deployed as Context-Sensitive help, there is no way it's "complete".

Deploying is simple as copying the content. But setting it up is vastly different. From what you posted it would seem you haven't yet established how the links will be made or any of that. It usually involves working closely with the application developer. Each point where the application will open the help will need its own specific identifier. Then you need to establish exactly which topics should open when the link is clicked. Depending on your output type (which we have no clue what it is) this may happen in different ways. If the output is WebHelp, the developer may only need to know the URL to the appropriate topic. Or, you may need to create what is known as a "Map File" that contains a list of the developer's identifiers and you then map those to the topics. And in that case the developer uses special code to open the help.

Try the link below for WebHelp output

Click here to view

And try this link as well

Click here to view

And yet another

Click here to view

Additionally, there is information in RoboHelp's own help file about Context Sensitive Help.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jeff and Rick! From what I understand the developer is somewhere in southern India, so this may be more of a challenge than I bargained for! (I'm in Massachusetts.)

I prepared a map list for the only other time I did this (1998), but unfortunately the company was shut down before the software was released, so I never saw a result.

I will check out the resources you suggested! Thanks!

Lee Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp