7 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2012 4:01 PM by on5lb RSS

Technical Difficulties on the InDesign Forums

Peter Spier ACP/MVPs

There seems to be some technical difficulty on the InDesign Forums that is preventing users from posting. We hope this will be resolved soon.

• 1. Re: Technical Difficulties on the InDesign Forums
          John_Cornicello_Photo Community Member

I'm trying to post this from a "regular" account. If this comes through the issue may be fixed.

John

• 2. Re: Technical Difficulties on the InDesign Forums
            Peter Spier ACP/MVPs

It came through fine.

Thanks, John.

• 3. Re: Technical Difficulties on the InDesign Forums
              on5lb Community Member

Hi Peter,

Hoipe you're fine !

We met already in the past, but to day, inpossible to open a question, so thanks for your post.

I still use CS4, but ordered Creative Suit 6 Master Collection (still waiting for !).

But, maybe you can help me in the meantime.

I started a BOOK (?) about how to play Bridge game, using InDesign CS4, and convert it to a PDF format.

I wonder if using CS4, i can convert it to a eBOOK ? Don't find the option using Export for the appropriated format.

Any idea Peter,

Best regards,

Jean

• 4. Re: Technical Difficulties on the InDesign Forums
                Peter Spier ACP/MVPs

Hi Jean,

I wish we had topic branching back agian after the last update, but sadly we don't, so we're stuck here.

First, It may be possible to export for some eBook formats (do you mean specifially epub?) in CS4, but it will be amazingly difficult. It's not something I've attmepted, and it will most definitely not be a one-click operation unless you mean PDF that can be read by some ebook readers. CS6 will make your like MUCH easier. You could download the trial version of whatever you ordered while you are waiting for delivery. The installer is the same and you can convert the trial into a fully licensed product at any time by entering the serial number when you get it.

As far as log in troubles, that often is a cookie problem. Log out of the forum and Adobe .com entirely, then clear any cookies for forums.adobe.com and adobe.com, restart your browser and try again.

• 5. Re: Technical Difficulties on the InDesign Forums
                  on5lb Community Member

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for your fast reaction.

I succeeded creating an ePUB from InDesign CS4, but no way to read it on the NET !

I use ZINIO reader for years from now, is it not an epub reader ?

Anyway, I can wait to receive the original CS6, and will try it with it.

But do I need a specific epub reader to be usable on the NET ?

But what's the need to format as an epub, when nobody can read it, except when you have the appropriated reader ?

I checked on the NET and found " sysrc_trial_9407......" from Microsoft. Does it work ?

Best regards,

Jean

• 6. Re: Technical Difficulties on the InDesign Forums
                    Peter Spier ACP/MVPs

I'm really not the person to tell you anything about ePub. All my TVs are still analog, we only recently got a Microwave, and I don't own a cell phone, let alone a tablet device. At heart, I'm still a print lover.

• 7. Re: Technical Difficulties on the InDesign Forums
                      on5lb Community Member

Great !!!

You must be an exception in the US 

But I agree 100% if you can live without this commercial stuff !

Maybe you know some expert who can tell me more about epub ?

Anyway, I thank you for your comments, and which you a nice coming WE.

Regards,

Jean