• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Flash Player..I did it 6 times.

New Here ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer play any videos from any source. I get the message to download Flash Player ...I have done it six times. Each times it says I have been successful.  I still can not play any videos. Can you help me??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you lauched the installer or are you just downloading it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just encountered this problem as well.. an update was presented upon restarting my computer, just like any update. As soon as the update completed, no site has recognized that Flash Player is installed, and the auto-installation of flash player ensues.

Additionally, Flash Player was functioning without problem before the update. Something must have changed with the update provided...

Information:

Flash Player version: Supposedly 11.2, though not even Adobe can confirm this for me. I know I had 11.2 before the "update"

Browser: IE9 and Firefox

I am logged in as admin.

I use AS3, so I'm not foreign to flash player or how to use it. Things I've tried to correct the problem include:
- Downloading update from get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

- Uninstalling Flash Player (ActiveX and Plugin), then reinstalling from the aforementioned link

Nothing I've done has worked, so I've turned to asking here, hoping someone can help.

The only problem I can surmise at this poitn in time, seeing as I'm only one of a few with this problem, is that it's a virus of some sort... but I've run several scans on this computer using several different software, turning up nothing.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

~Plystire

[EDIT]

Additional information:

Using Flash CS4, I can run SWF files in sandbox no problem.

Outside of Flash, I can run SWF files, but they are labeled as running "Adobe Flash Player 10".

Message was edited by: Plystire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plystire wrote:

As soon as the update completed, no site has recognized that Flash Player is installed, and the auto-installation of flash player ensues.

Not quite sure what you mean by "auto-installation"; it's not something I have ever seen before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My flash player updater is set up to install updates "as soon as a new version is found". Apparently that includes when a web page requests the flash player and it's "not up to date".

To describe what happens in detail:

I go to a website that uses the flash player... immediately, the flash player installation progress bar appears and begins to download the "update". Once that is complete, it requests that my web browser be closed to continue with installation. I close the web browser and installation takes place. It tells me that installation was successful and prompts me with 3 options for actions to take in the future when an update is available. These actions are: Install automatically when an update is found (The option I have selected), Notify me when an update is available, or Do nothing. Those aren't verbatim what the options say, but that's pretty much what they are. I click Done, window closes... Repeat from the beginning.

I really need to solve this issue as it has brought my AS3 development to a complete and total halt.

~Plystire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting; I didn't know that such a thing was happening.

Anyway, regarding IE9, could you check:

If that does not resolve your problem, try a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The clean installation instructions did it for me. Thank you!

Also, note for the clean install, it's not necessary to delete the "#SharedObjects" folder if you require that your saved data be kept.

Much appreciated!

For additional symptoms, so others can see what I saw and determine if their problem is similar:

- Opening "Manage add-ons" in IE, the Shockwave Player addon was NOT listed.

- Installation of Flash Player could occur any number of times without error (via update or installer), but still not install correctly.

Running a clean install using the following link cleared up the problem for me:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

@Sunil:

I was brought to the "Installation Successful" page, but the SWF showing the flash animation was not displaying... just an empty box that would be replaced by ads.

Problem is solved now, so no worries!

~Plystire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Leslieducharme:

Installer is the file that you download from the Adobe site. To troubleshoot further, we need to know your computer's operating system and the browser you use.

If you are using a Windows computer, please see the following document. It has step-by-step information on installing Flash Player: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Download_and_...

If you are on a Mac, see: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#Download_and_inst...

@Plystire: After you click Done, does it open up a webpage that says, "Installation is successful?"

Did you try the steps mentioned in the following post? http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846#4041846

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't knowwhat an installer is. please explain.....where is it and how do I use it.  thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system, version & edition?

What is your web browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines