4 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2012 9:33 AM by lasvideo

CS6 Very Dissapointed Indeed...

Roddy Mc Level 1

After using adobe for many years now professionally I cannot believe CS6 has launched with Stabilisation that crashed if you try and use the advanced tap suffice to say the stock setting make the footage look wobbly and unnacceptable. The interface has lost the shuttle which I use all the time, quote from adobe "use the keyboard short cuts" NO its nowhere near as easy as using the shuttle and why take it out? this should be reimplimented with the option of having it enabled or not. Drag a clip to the timeline and hey presto it doesnt snap exactly to the time line instead its frames out making this a pain. Zoom in to correct and guess what visual audio dissapears taking ages to reconfigure putting a massive delay in all editing processes. I understand it a radical change to the interface with positive aspects of being able to reconfigure stuff but seriously this isnt ready for launch yet, please fix these issues and return the shuttle. cs5.5 will have to make do untill its all corrected.

Roddy

• 1. Re: CS6 Very Dissapointed Indeed...
          tclark513 Level 3

Drag a clip to the timeline and hey presto it doesnt snap exactly to the time line instead its frames out making this a pain.

Seriously??  I have not heard that yet.  It would be a PITA.  I haven't tried yet because I am STILL waiting for my "Free Upgrade"!

• 2. Re: CS6 Very Dissapointed Indeed...
            Roddy Mc Level 1

Yeah its a pain, if your zoomed into the track it snaps ok but when your zoomed out and move a clip to the timeline it doesnt snap exactly. On a plus side The multicam with more than 4 streams is excellent, shame I can't edit the streams to sync correctly without waiting ages for audio to update and the thick red end of clip graphic makes it a pain to line up clips.

• 3. Re: CS6 Very Dissapointed Indeed...
              Jim_Simon Level 8

Drag a clip to the timeline and hey presto it doesn't snap exactly to the time line instead its frames out

Doesn't happen for me.  I think you're the first here I've seen report it.

Zoom in to correct and guess what visual audio disappears taking ages to reconfigure

Same with this.  You may have some local issues.  Give this behavior, first thing I'd check is the graphics driver.  If that's OK, you may want to try a reinstall of PP.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: CS6 Very Dissapointed Indeed...
                lasvideo Level 4

I agree Jim. I havent had any issues like this

Early Mac Pro 2008 3,1

2 - 3. Xeons

24 GB ram

Quadro 4000

Maxx Digital raid array (750MB/sec.)

Lion 10.7.4