Get more ram!!! AE thrives on it. Especially if you are loading into AE 16 minute clips of 1080P.
Maybe you should try keying in the NLE you are using . PrP CS6 might be a good alternative work flow.
You could revert to CS5/ CS5.5? CS6 is a bust... 'nuff said. If you're stuck with CS6, try an alternat output format. You could simply be challenging luck here by combining two critical things - Keylight, which has always been a memory hog and buggy, and H.264 output, which could be buggy as well.
I wouldn't mind getting more RAM except that the computer I used to do this very same work with (except with 5.5) only had 6GHz of RAM and a pathetic processor and GPU in comparison.
I've tried doing the same editing in PrP but it just doesn't have enough tools . Changing my output format hasn't helped either unfortunately. I think the program has a memory leak.
I really think I might just go back to 5.5. I called support today and it took forever just to get the poor girl helping me to understand my name has an "m" in it. She wasn't really able to understand the problem. As far as I can tell, CS6 has been a 100% downgrade.
Thank you both for the help!
You could revert to CS5/ CS5.5? CS6 is a bust..
Mylenium, you must be delerius. My experience is to the conrary. I know you tend to be melodramatic , but thats just ridiculous.
Hey, I'm sorry that it isn't working, but I gotta tell you; ever since they made AE 64 bits, 6 gigs is hardly enough to flush the toilet. It's a miracle you got it to work before.
XWell, this has been an adventure! I've been using my old machine with CS5.5 to render (the one with the Centrino dual core 2.0GHz and 6GB of RAM.... which literally takes 4x as long) and then transferring the files to my current computer with CS6 to edit in PrP.
Adobe did release an update today that appears to have fixed the problem. I'm testing it out now - it's been rendering for 19 minutes so far without any problems. I'll post an update when I find out for sure if anyone is interested.
Turns out the problem has not been fixed with the update. Instead of stopping the render with an error, though, it just slows down after about 20 minutes of rendering at high speeds to the point where it only renders a frame every few minutes. It's actually quite facinating because I can watch the RAM use build up slowly over time until it uses everything and can't go any further.
I really hope Adobe is working on fixing this... it just reminds me of how Microsoft, in an effort to fix the "Red Ring of Death" on the xbox360, simply took out the red lights.