• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot preview my BC site from dreamweaver or put files to BC server

New Here ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to BC and right now I am trying to find out if it could be right for me. Didn´t get very far:

I created a new blank Business Catalyst template in Dreamweaver, designed the template, inserted an editable region and now I am trying to preview the template in Sarafi from DW. DW is connected to my BC account and I see all the remote files and everything seems fine, but when I click preview in Safari, it says:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

And when I go back to DW, it says:

An FTP error occurred - cannot put template.dwt.  Access denied.  The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

When I create a new site based on that template, I can preview that site but without the css or the template. I just see the area where I have an editable region in the browser.

Any help? What is causing this? How can I design a template in DW and preview it in Dw and in the end, publish it?

I have watched all the tutorials but I cannot get anywhere from here.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to preview the site from Dreamweaver. 

The only ways there is, is to:

A) Upload the site and enter the address in your browser address bar

B) Make the changes to the page in the BC admin console and instead of publish, click on preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok.... So I should design the template first in DW if I want to use my own template and add the BC parts in later.

Well that clarifies. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines