• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS 6 install fails

New Here ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to install CS6 numerous times on my mac running lion.  It hangs at 12% installing adobe fonts. It hangs the machine and the only way out is to power off.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weed out your system fonts/ turn off your font manager. you have permission issues on the fonts and/or a "bad" font in there. Check the install logs for details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The log file for this mornings attempt to put CS5.5 on is this - http://pastebin.com/bgzD2THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you amy be only user and having the admin privileges , but root user account provide extensive permission becuase there is always the restriction by the OS to the user.

Hence check installing from the root user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebuilt permission, download a program to tidy font and clear caches, removed all CS installs, ran the Adobe cleaner to remove all previous and still it hangs on install. Any other idea, most greatfully recieved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It get's even more frustrating. Not able to install CS6 I've tried to re-install CS5.5 It was installed prior to me trying to install CS6. CS5.5 installer fails now. I can not install CS5.5.Web Premium.

Can anyone help, is there anything else I can try. Is this a known bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share the install logs with us , it may have some vital info.

Check this link to collect the log:- http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html

and paste the log at pastebin.com and put the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted up two logs, hopefully this will help.

CS6 install - http://pastebin.com/rgtZ49rW

CS5.5 install - http://pastebin.com/AeKab67v

Incidently, the Adobe updater ran this morning to update my Camera Raw and completed without issue. Any help and guidance most appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These log file are not complete unable to locate last section of the Install logs, however please try these steps :-

1) Uninstall all the Adobe Apps

2) Run the cleaner and clean all , cleaner tool can be found at :- www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

3) Install CS6 from the root user account , to enable root user follow this KB:- support.apple.com/kb/HT1528

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manish

Thanks for your help so far.

I have uninstalled all Adobe apps and ran the cleaner tool twice. On the Mac I am the only user and have admin privileges. I think the logs are incomplete because the install hangs and the only way out is to hold down the power button until it kills the power and reboot. I have tried again this morning to put CS5.5 back on, that is on CD rather than the CS6 download. I was on the machine previously but since the install of CS6 I cant put CS5.5 on. Something  in that has changed my Mac.I'll post this mornings log up shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manish

Just to confirm I have enabled the root account and the same is happening - I have just ran the installer now and it has hung at 2% of the CS5.5 install with the estimated time remaining increasing, currently at 202mins.  Even when I click cancel install and confirm, while I am still able, it does not respond and again I have to hold down the power button and kill the computer.

Other things I have tried is to verify and repair permissions well.

Thanks .

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another observation - Spotlight promptly goes about Indexing my machine post changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and I can't Force Quit the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange....Even the log file isn't complete that's odd to.

Can you check installing in the safe mode ,to start the Mac ni safe mode , start your machine with Shift key pressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is something more seriously wrong with the machine. I re-installed CS5.5 logged as root without an issue. But then when I re-booted it hung again. I then used Disk Verify and it found data corruption. Even after the repair it was still not right so currently restoring from a Time Machine backup.

Very strange this has happened. Prior to my attempt to put CS6 on there wasn't an issue. Will see what happens and will post the outcome. Was it the Adobe installer that caused this, probably not, it looks like what ewver happened prior to cause the corruption caused the installer to fail....

Will let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the very same problem you are. I was thinking that maybe it was my computer, but it sounds like the problem is on Adobe's side.

Have you resolved this issue? I am stuck without any Adobe software (that I really need) and I would appreciate any help!! I'm so frustrated. I must have force shut down my computer over 20 times now-- that can't be healthy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue was resolved for me by Adobe Support who spent tow and half hours clearing off all files, restarting then repairing permissions then re-installing CS6. Permissions was the route cause of the problem. My advice, ask Adobe Online Support for help, they are very very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines