• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add a "normal" space?

Participant ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given a text location, I'd like to use the Doc object's addtext method to a "normal" space. I say normal space because I can't actually figure out what type of space FrameMaker is using by default and I haven't been able to find any documentation about it either. My understanding is that a space is a special character, which means I have to pass the addtext method a hexadecimal representation of the character.

So I looked for the characer set PDF for framemaker 10. I could only find one for FrameMaker 9, which is available here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/9.0/CharacterSets/character_sets.pdf. According to that PDF, the following spaces have a hexidecimal representation.

• \x10 (numeric space)
  • \x11 (nonbreaking space)
  • \x12 (thin space)
  • \x13 (en space)
  • \x14 (em space)

I have tried them all. This is an example:

vDoc.AddText(vTextLoc,'\x13')

While the method successfully adds a space, the space is not the normal spacing that occurs when I press the space bar. That is the spacing I want the AddText method to add in. Is there another space with a hex representation I need to pass in?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal spaces are not special characters. Just use vDoc.AddText(vTextLoc,' ')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was the first thing I tried. No space gets added all. Are you seeing something different? Can you actually get this to work?

To expland slightly, I am trying to fix the problem here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4359960#4359960#4359960

To address the above problem, I tried to add that space and nothing got added but if I used one of the hex codes then a space was added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works as described in my simple test file. Possibly the combination with entering a new variable after first clearing the text is causing some problems. Can you determine the end offset of the variable and make sure there is a space at that location, and otherwise add one, after replacing the text with the variable ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines