9 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2012 8:20 AM by Lynda Spangler RSS

Can't Convert Old Panel?

Lynda Spangler Community Member

I have a panel I created in Configurator 2.0 and I am trying to convert it to CS6 compatible version and it give me an error saying Failed to write. What can I do to convert my panel?

• 1. Re: Can't Convert Old Panel?
          Jonathan Ferman Adobe Employee

In Configurator 3 open your panel and from the Edit menu select convert o CS6. If that does not work please reply on the forums or log a bug.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Can't Convert Old Panel?

I tried to convert it on opening and then when that failed I attempted to convert using the method you mentioned (Edit > Convert to CS6) and that also failed. Where should I log a bug?

• 3. Re: Can't Convert Old Panel?
              guoxy Adobe Employee

If Configurator 3 can't read or back up the Configurator 2.0 panel at the same directory, the it pops up error message as :"Failed to write".

Coule you please check the permission of the directory ? Is it a system directoy that Configurator 3 doesn't have the permission to write?

Try to lauch Configurator 3 as Admistrator if it is Windows OS.

If it still doesn't work, could you please send your Configurator 2.0 design panel to us? Please send the ".pgc" file and the corresponding ".assests" folder together.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Can't Convert Old Panel?

I have full permission to write to the directories. I tried saving it in several places to see if that was the problem.

Where should I send the files? One thing I did was create a panel for CS5 (in Configurator 3) and then convert it to CS6 and it worked fine. The old 2.0 panel won't convert.

• 5. Re: Can't Convert Old Panel?
                  guoxy Adobe Employee

Is this old 2.0 panel file can be opened correctly by Configurator 2.0?

If yes, please send us your old 2.0 panel file with “.gpc” file and “.assets” folder together to xguo@adobe.com<mailto:xguo@adobe.com> directly.

Or you can file a bug to Configurator 3 and attach the “.gpc” file and the “.assets” folder.

Thanks

• 6. Re: Can't Convert Old Panel?
                    guoxy Adobe Employee

Is this old 2.0 panel file can be opened correctly by Configurator 2.0?

If yes, please send us your old 2.0 panel file with “.gpc” file and “.assets” folder together to xguo@adobe.com directly.

Or you can file a bug to Configurator 3 and attach the “.gpc” file and the “.assets” folder.

Thanks

• 7. Re: Can't Convert Old Panel?

E-Mail sent to you. Thanks for your help.

• 8. Re: Can't Convert Old Panel?
                        Yanwen Ju Adobe Employee

You can solve this issue by following these steps:

1. Open your panel with Configurator 2.0

2. Remove the button "Dust and Scratches" under "Filters" category

3. Save and close

4. Open the panel with Configurator 3 to convert to CS6 panel

6. Drag and drop the command "Dust & Scratches" (Main->Filter->Noise->Dust & Scratches) to place where it is removed in step 2

Because the id of this command contains '&' and the escaped '&amp;' is used internally for converting. We will fix this bug in next version. These commands will also suffer from this issue:

Edit-Preferences-TransparencyandGamut

Edit-Preferences-UnitsandRulers

Edit-Preferences-Guides,Grid,SlicesandCount

Image-Adjustments-BlackandWhite

Layer-LayerStyle-BevelandEmboss

Layer-NewAdjustmentLayer-BlackandWhite

Filter-Noise-DustandScratches

Filter-Sketch-ChalkandCharcoal

Window-Workspace-KeyboardShortcutsandMenus

• 9. Re: Can't Convert Old Panel?

Thanks for the information and help.